At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techy travel experts on a mission to enrich people’s lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators and we are committed to providing simple but awesome user experiences to them. By putting a bunch of cutting-edge technologies to good use, we are building an environment where engineers can grow and thrive while helping the company on its global mission.
We are looking for DevOps engineers who enjoy solving hard problems, who think on their feet and are obsessed with helping accomplish important missions while growing themselves in the process. At TourRadar, we take pride in building an environment of mutual trust and respect, where we have a ton of fun building a world-class tech platform.
- Work within our Foundation engineering team alongside other DevOps Engineers focused on automating and monitoring all steps of our development process aiming at shorter dev cycles and more frequent releases.
- Help design and implement the infrastructure/orchestration of our microservices architecture, ensuring its scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility. You will also look to facilitate the transition from a legacy infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with developers within our consumer-facing teams in helping them reduce the time it takes to build, deploy, and configure software to all environments.
- Work in an agile manner, focused on delivering value to customers quickly, breaking down work in smaller chunks that you iterate on quickly.
- Share your knowledge with the broader team on a regular basis, and have opportunities to go beyond and contribute to the wider community and industry.
- Good communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- A growth mindset, and a deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself constantly.
- A tendency to go above and beyond, always looking for ways to improve things around you. You thrive in fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Experience with UNIX based systems, especially Linux, and are able to use scripting languages to quickly prototype or glue things together.
- Extensive experience within the AWS ecosystem (multi-region deployments is a big plus).
- Fluency with containerization technologies and cloud container management solutions like Amazon ECS, Fargate, or Kubernetes.
- Superior skills in setting up scalable observability for distributed architectures: logging, monitoring, alerting and distributed tracing (experience with Prometheus at scale is a big plus).
- Strong grasp of automation practices (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Good, up-to-date knowledge of security practices for internal services in the cloud (e.g. security groups, private subnets, VPCs, application layer firewalls, etc)
- A can-do attitude: no problem is too daunting for you to tackle, be it on the software or hardware side of things.
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Generous travel credits to experience our product anywhere in the world
- Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language.
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
This role is based in our Vienna office.