Frontend Software Engineer
At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techy travel experts on a mission to enrich people’s lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators and we are committed to providing simple but awesome user experiences to them. By putting a bunch of cutting-edge technologies to good use, we are building an environment where engineers can grow and thrive while helping the company on its global mission.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy solving hard problems, who think on their feet and are obsessed with helping accomplish important missions while growing themselves in the process. At TourRadar, we take pride in building an environment of mutual trust and respect, where we have a ton of fun building a world-class tech platform.
- Work within a cross-functional team focused on making an impact in a significant part of our business. You collaborate closely with both designers and backend engineers in bringing to life amazing consumer-facing experiences.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure and promote high-level frontend software development standards for TourRadar Engineering.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and promote usability best practices.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Good communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- A growth mindset, and a deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself constantly.
- A tendency to go above and beyond, always looking for ways to improve things around you. You thrive in fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Web development experience incl. HTML5 and CSS3 and a taste for beautiful UI
- Knowledge of modern Web APIs, responsive design and mobile first approach (incl. supporting IE11, iOS, Android etc.)
- Solid understanding of build systems and module bundling e.g. gulp, webpack
- Strong front-end testing skills (unit and end-to-end)
- Understanding of HTTP/2 protocol features
- Experience with SEO in consumer-facing websites
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Generous travel credits to experience our product anywhere in the world
- Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language.
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
This role is based in our Vienna office.