Country Marketing Manager (ANZ)
TourRadar is a venture-backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travellers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominantly serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognize that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 40 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers. Launched in 2010, we proudly produce everything in-house thanks to our exceptional internal talent and are now looking to scale our team.
TourRadar is looking to grow its team in Brisbane with an ambitious Australia/New Zealand Country Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the demand for our global tour offerings, further developing our brand presence and ultimately achieving our regional revenue targets via proven and new marketing channels.
The Country Marketing Manager will report directly to the CMO and work closely with the regional business development and customer support teams, as well as the global marketing team based in Vienna, Austria.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of both the Australian customer and touring industry. They will pair their exceptional industry knowledge with broad and thorough experience in digital marketing, including the analysis and distribution of marketing spend, planning and execution of regional marketing campaigns. The role also requires excellent communication skills as well as an analytical and growth-driven mindset.
• Planning, organising, localising and executing revenue and brand-building campaigns in order to hit regional revenue targets
• Managing the regional marketing budget including both online and offline as well as partner marketing budgets
• Developing a strategic annual marketing plan and detailed Quarterly Marketing Plans for the region
• Developing and implementing high performing demand generation activities based on annual and quarterly regional marketing plans
• Interpreting global sales and marketing strategies and translating that into marketing initiatives that drive results throughout the funnel
• Working with BI and sales functions to define high potential market segments and market opportunities within those segments
• Identifying customer needs, shortcomings and opportunities to improve our product offering, website communication/functionality and marketing automation (you will work closely across all teams to execute on the solutions for your findings)
• Taking ownership of regional communication tools such as social media accounts and email communication
• Ensuring that partner marketing funds are in alignment with our overall objectives and regional strategies
• After proving your skills in execution and hitting targets, you will hire and manage a team of local marketers (1-2 by the end of the year) to further grow the ANZ market
This role is filled with opportunity to grow conversion rates and take the lead on growth campaigns in your region. You will have the ability to apply your knowledge in all areas of Online Marketing including A/B testing, PR, SEO, CRM, Marketing automation, EDM, Social Media, Sweepstakes, Performance Marketing (SEM and Social), Video, Usability + Design, Growth Hacking, Affiliate and Referral Marketing.
What we're looking for:
• Min 5 years experience in a Senior Online Marketing role with preference given to previous experience in touring/travel, e-commerce and entrepreneurial environments
• Min 2 years experience in growing and managing a team of marketers
• Strong understanding and ability to make sense of business data, analytics and reports
• Ability to take the lead on growth ideas & campaigns and drive them to success
• Preference is given to candidates with prior experience building brands and working in or with a strong Public Relations team
• Communicate clearly and efficiently with team members across the globe
• Exceptional grammar, communication and writing skills across all forms of media
• Ability to multitask and handle a number of projects at once
• Ability to make last minute, quick decisions
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Must possess a driver’s license in good standing
• Enjoy challenging work, passionate for tourism, travel and e-commerce
Perks & Benefits:
• International work environment with English as the working language
• The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup
• Opportunity for “team exchange” scheme whereby you can work in our Vienna or Toronto offices
• Generous travel credits to experience our product anywhere in the world
• Regular team outings
• Great career opportunities and individual development plan
• Cake on your birthday!
• More on Life At TourRadar