Director of SEO
TourRadar is a venture-backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionising how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travellers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominately serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognise that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 35 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers. Launched in 2010, we proudly produce everything in-house thanks to our exceptional internal talent and are now looking to scale our team.
This role will be responsible for helping drive organic traffic growth through careful research, analysis and evaluation of our current and future landing pages, website structure and website. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge of technical SEO, truly enjoys working with numbers, large volumes of data, and is a natural problem-solver.
You will have the opportunity to make a big impact as we take SEO pretty seriously, being one of our biggest traffic drivers. You'll collaborate with the marketing, product and tech teams (all are in-house), while working on a world class platform built for SEO success.
Who you are:
- You know SEO and search marketing inside and out, and are passionate about it! You’re keen on finding out the latests news, and thoroughly enjoy the analytical side of search marketing.
- You understand that SEO is all about details, while not missing the bigger picture of business goalsYou understand the importance of quantifying your ideas and propositions, and have the knowledge and skills to be able to support your ideas through data
- You thrive when surrounded by numbers, large amounts of data and thinking at scale
- You have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of SEO, while being acutely aware of the role marketing plays in SEO
- You are a true problem solver, a digital Mr/Mrs. Fix-It, someone who loves a challenge and you will find a solution no matter how it needs to be doneYou come up with new ideas, and translate these ideas to traffic and revenue projection
- You are able to work effectively with a variety of teams across the business, such as engineering, product and design teams
- You are results driven and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
What you’ll do:
- Lead the SEO team and provide guidance for team members
- Make strategic decisions for SEO long term as well as day to day activities
- Monitor organic traffic on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to assess traffic trends compared to the previous week, month, year
- Analyse user metrics and conversions to understand user intent and inform SEO decisions
- Work with other teams to provide information on best practices to ensure maximum exposure to organic traffic
- Analyse crawl and indexing behaviour to gain insights which can be turned into optimisations
- Find areas for increasing organic traffic in a white hat, scalable, and measurable way
- Large scale, in depth keyword research to discover the best opportunities for optimisations
- Using keyword research, technical knowledge and SEO knowledge to write detailed specifications for implementation by the engineering team
- Specifications will include html markup, internal linking opportunities, titles, descriptions, sitemap inclusion
What we seek:
- 5+ years of in-house SEO work experience with an industry leading website
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Expert level Google Analytics and Search Console knowledge
- Advanced skill with Excel/Google Sheets requiredKnowledge of HTML, CSS and SQL
- Exposure to JS, PHP, or other languages strongly desired
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO.
Perks and benefits:
- We strongly believe our biggest motivation is working together with great people in accomplishing something that matters in the world. Our vision of connecting people with life-enriching travel experiences is exactly that, and our love for travel means that often we are our own customers, too!
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language (though German courses are available in the office).
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
- Generous travel credits to experience our product anywhere in the world.
- The possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for periods of time.