Customer Service and Sales Specialists
Are you a talented retail worker who is feeling undervalued and looking for a change? TourRadar’s team of creative problem solvers, and passionate travellers who work together to bring life-enriching travel experiences is the place for you.
We are currently looking for Customer Support and Sales Specialists to join our Brisbane office. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, customer service and sales focused, enjoy challenging work and most importantly loves travel!
Travel industry experience is NOT essential as product & industry training is provided, but a background in hospitality, retail or customer service will be advantageous due to the opening being heavily customer service focused.
What can you expect?
All our bookings occur online, so you will be responsible for chatting with customers via instant messenger, email or by telephone who have either found a specific tour on TourRadar.com or are undecided between a number of options. You will be tasked with making sure the customer's questions are answered promptly and accurately so that they are happy to book with us, assisting travellers throughout the booking process. When you can't find the answers you will need to think fast and be resourceful to craft the right response.
Naturally, you will also have to deal with customer issues and handle booking cancellations, changes, etc. Finally, being able to close the sale is key to the success of this position (note: all enquiries are inbound as we don't do cold calling). No two days are the same!
Who you are:
- You have exceptional communication skills, in particular your telephone and written communication
- You have demonstrated sales ability
- You are open-minded, love challenges, and know the value of travel
- You are comfortable with tech. You don’t need to write your own custom code but are open to learning the basics of troubleshooting and working at a software company
- You don't know the meaning of “I can’t find the answer”
- You are committed to providing a level of customer service that is second-to-none
- Minimum two years retail or hospitality experience - preferably in management
- The ability to work a rotating roster over 7 days of the week
Bonus if you have:
- Experience travelling abroad, taken a multi-day tour or are familiar with how these operate
- Experience with online booking tools, a Mac, and are generally tech-savvy
What can you expect?
- A secure and diverse long-term career - we promote from within, which means that as a Customer Support and Sales Specialist you can work your way up and across the Company - even across the globe!
- Deeply discounted tours (sometimes free!) every year to experience our product along with 500 Euros towards your airfare anywhere in the world
- The stability and excitement of working for the number 1 startup in Austria
- Opportunity for “team exchange” scheme whereby you can work in our Vienna or Toronto offices
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Regular team outings
- Cake on your birthday!
More on Life At TourRadar
Successful Customer Support and Sales Specialists come from a variety of backgrounds. If this sounds like you this is your perfect job. Apply Now!