Director, Data Science and Analytics
TourRadar is a venture-backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travellers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominantly serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognize that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 40 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers. Launched in 2010, we proudly produce everything in-house thanks to our exceptional internal talent and are now looking to scale our team.
We are currently looking for a Director of Data & Analytics, reporting to our COO.
- Conceptualize and implement the vision and roadmap for Data & Analytics at TourRadar globally.
- Heavy focus on leading, hiring and scaling a world-class team of data scientists and business intelligence analysts
- Perform analytic deep dives to drive business insights and influence strategic decisions across all departments
- Leverage machine learning and data science to drive high-impact, consumer-facing solutions for all parts of TourRadar.
- Build a global analytics prioritization roadmap and define global resource allocation across departments to integrate data into day-to-day business to ensure it drives the correct decision-making
- Align with tech and data infrastructure leadership teams to ensure data quality, consistency, and analytics to create relevant models and critical metrics for all departments
- Provide standards / guidelines / best practices as well as drive all analytics efforts conducted by data scientists and data analysts across the company.
- Design and effectively communicate the output of complex data science models to non-data science consumers to interact, explore, and make business decisions.
- Define and setup democratization of data across the company and providing self-service analytical capabilities via class-leading data visualization/exploration tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Shiny, D3)
- Create and maintain talent pipelines via partnerships with key academic institutions that can provide talented profiles to successfully deliver against the competencies and behaviors of the BI & Analytics team
- Research & development on how to improve customers’ experience, by using our vast amount of data
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience leading Data Science and Analysts teams within a high-tech, e-commerce or marketplace company
- 2+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience with a broad range of analytic, statistical, and machine learning techniques; understanding of when to invoke various techniques to solve specific problems as well as drive predictive and prescriptive capabilities (i.e. Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, AI) .
- Strong people leadership skills; ability to hire and develop high performing talent in analytics, data science, and data engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to engage effectively with a broad range of audiences including senior business leaders, other senior analytics leaders, and highly technical talent
- Strong understanding of data landscape as well as setting up data harmonization of internal and external data in an accessible and secure environment (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, SQL), cloud infrastructure (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud), Big Data platforms (i.e. Redshift, NoSQL, MongoDB) and engineering (ie. R, Python, Java)
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed organization, requiring a high level of customer focus
- Experience with multiple database technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Columnar Storage etc.)
- Strategic mindset, able to build and communicate vision for the function
- Strong attention to detail
Perks & Benefits:
- International work environment with English as the working language
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup
- Opportunity for “team exchange” scheme whereby you can work in our Brisbane or Toronto offices
- One familiarisation trip per year to experience our product along with 500 Euros towards your airfare
- Regular team outings
- Great career opportunities and individual development plan
- Cake on your birthday!