West Valley City, UT
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
Tovala inventory associates are responsible for all inbound and outbound products that hit our facility. Day-to-day operations include ensuring that incoming food and non-food deliveries are accurate and meet our high quality, safety, and consistency standards; and that incoming products are received via RF gun and properly stored daily. This individual will be upholding the organization and layout of the warehouse. You will oversee our inventory and notify buyers of shortages or damage of incoming ingredients. Good communication skills are imperative to this role so that procurement and production are notified promptly and can make accommodations accordingly.
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Direct drivers to unload deliveries in designated staging areas.
- Verify actual product received against initial PO and BOL. Confirm integrity of goods and flag FSQA team when necessary.
- Maintain receiving logs and verify products meet specifications (temps, quantities, and QC standards) and properly filling out FSQA documentation
- Transfer and slot product in the correct warehouse location upon receipt–done on the day it was received
- Optimize pallet configuration and warehouse space to maximize storage and efficiency
- Maintain warehouse organization to ensure the full production cycle runs smoothly and is set-up for next week's production
- Facilitate warehouse resource management by ensuring equipment such as forklifts and floor scrubbers are functioning, charged, and ready when needed
- Model compliance of Warehouse Safety
- Provide support with production tasks during low volume receiving days
- Assist facility maintenance projects and repairs, as necessary
- Complete tasks as assigned on the daily schedule by the end of day
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to use RF scanners and warehouse management system (WMS)
- Ability to learn and complete all shared responsibilities in the warehouse when assigned
- Experience using WMS Systems
- MHE Certification
- Forklift Certification, or willingness to go through certification training
- Food Handlers certification
$0 - $0 an hour
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!