Enterprise Account Executive
Sales – Field Sales /
Traceable was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneurs Jyoti Bansal and Sanjay Nagaraj to become the industry leader in API security. Prior to Traceable, Jyoti was founder and CEO of AppDynamics which was sold to Cisco for $3.7 billion in 2017. Traceable is a next-generation API security and intelligence platform that removes the need for human interaction to safely and systematically secure your API endpoints. We are on a mission to build a complete platform that helps companies counter the new style of attacks on the ever-changing landscape of cybersecurity. Traceable enables developers, Security Ops and DevSecOps teams the ability to secure their APIs via observability, and ensure Protection and Analytics to manage risk, protect the business, and enable speed of development with safety. Based in San Francisco CA, Traceable is funded by Unusual Ventures, IVP, & Tiger Global Management.
About the Role:
The Enterprise Account Executive is a critical function of the Traceable sales team and is responsible for building new client relationships and managing the sales process with enterprises in a specified region. As an Account Executive, you will initiate contact with new leads and follow-up on sales meetings and teleconferences, meet sales objectives and targets at profitable rates, move prospects through the discovery and proof-of-concept phases, and meet established sales goals and quota per the annual plan objectives. They will develop and execute strategies and sales tactics in the following areas: territory planning, outbound lead generation, relationship development, pricing, negotiations, closing, and managing contracts. The candidate will be required to diligently track all customer interactions in our CRM system and maintain disciplined sales process and forecast hygiene.
- Identify, qualify, and generate new opportunities in enterprise accounts.
- Execute a highly disciplined and metric-driven sales process.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer by developing deep relationships with both end-users of the Traceable product and C-level executives.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of at least 3x revenue target to achieve revenue quota on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide accurate sales forecast and activity metrics in CRM.
- Maintain a high level of relevant technical & industry knowledge.
- Expect moderate travel.
Role Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated success in enterprise software / SaaS sales.
- Knowledge of the application security industry, products, vendor landscape, history, and emerging trends. Prior experience in API security or web application firewalls is preferred.
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new enterprise customers.
- Successful track record in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- Prior experience in a highly dynamic, startup environment.
- Deeply knowledgeable in MEDDPICC sales process, forecasting, and qualification methodologies.
- Highly motivated, driven and self-directed individual with grit.
- Must be able to communicate business and technical value to all levels of management.
- Excellent communication, persuasive, and listening skills.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits package, including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k), and flexible vacation/time-off policy
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment, with ample opportunities for professional growth and development.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the future of application security and performance, as part of a rapidly growing and innovative company.
At Traceable, we believe in promoting from within and with our current growth plans and acceleration in our business, strong performance in this RSM role can lead to upward mobility within the sales organization.
We value diversity and treatment of employees and applicants is based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Direct applicants only.
Recruiting agencies: Please do not email or call our team. We are not accepting agency candidates for any position at Traceable.