Field Tech Specialist
Ames, IA /
Commercial Operations /
Trace Genomics has developed the first analytics engine that learns as it maps the living soil. Founded in 2015 to serve the farming community, Trace Genomics helps growers maximize the value of every acre. The company is building the largest, most actionable body of soil intelligence, making thousands of growers experts on what’s underground. Working collaboratively across the agriculture ecosystem, Trace Genomics helps growers optimize costs, manage risk and protect their soil. Headquartered in Silicon Valley—led by industry veteran Dan Vradenburg and founded by two female PhDs from Stanford University—Trace Genomics is having a meaningful impact on the future of food.
● Responsible and accountable for all Field Trial Data collection and organization for the analysis of Trace data by the science & agronomy teams, in service of our customers. Additionally, as a member of the Customer Success team being able to assist with customer inquiries, leading training and project management as it relates to the field trials to ensure a positive customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Collect & manage data from field trials.
● Create maps and shape files.
● Generate reports from a CRM, business intelligence systems or Excel that can be shared with internal and external stakeholders.
● Support Field Tech Agronomist in customer data analysis and communication.
● Provide basic analysis of data sets and running reports to share w/data, science, agronomy and marketing teams.
● Retrieve and compare data from our business intelligence tool, preferably Tableau.
● Directly engage with customers building strong relationships to ensure successful project results.
● Drive success of field trials through building strong relationships with key customers, research partners and internal stakeholders.
● Responsible for leading the operational field trial process from launch to completion and providing status updates to Senior Leadership.
● Collaborate with R&D in assisting and supporting with new product launches.
● Collect and provide feedback into the organization related to the customer experience, operational process, successes and opportunities related to the field trials.
● Also nice to have: Understanding how Fertilizer recommendations are written, and apply that to the organization of data.
● Education: BS in Business, Agriculture, Precision Ag or related field (either in process or completed)
● Agronomic or Precision Ag industry knowledge preferred & experience helpful
● FMIS (Field Management Information Systems) experience (1-2 yrs)
● Business Intelligence Systems experience, preferably with Tableau, but Power BI (MS) or Micro Strategies acceptable
● MS Office Suite, most importantly Excel
● Soil Health knowledge and experience preferred
● Excellent Communications, presentation, planning and execution skills
● Strong analytical skills: understand and summarize data in a comprehensive manner
● Experience tracking daily interactions in a customer relationship management (CRM) system
Key Personal Attributes Include:
● Committed to our core values: Customer-Driven, Scientific Integrity, Creative Problem Solving, Diversity & Inclusion, and Fearless Determination