Senior iOS Engineer
A Bit About Us:
TrackOFF’s goal is to empower consumers to control their data. We believe privacy is a basic human right. As such, we’ve built a cutting-edge application that allows users of all technical skill levels to block unwanted trackers and increase their online privacy. Founded in 2015 in Baltimore, MD, TrackOFF now boasts a team of 30+ privacy obsessed professionals globally. Our software is available in 15 languages and has users across 5 continents.
Come join our team!
As the Senior iOS Engineer at TrackOFF, you’ll have the ability to craft, develop and improve a product suite used by millions of users from around the world. While your focus will be iOS and macOS development, you will have oversight over our Windows and Android applications as well; leading and guiding development teams both local and remote.
TrackOFF is a rapidly growing cybersecurity startup based in Baltimore. The ideal candidate will thrive researching, prototyping and developing state of the art technologies across a variety of platforms aimed at protecting consumer privacy.
What You'll Do
- Go to market with an iOS application that meets the core requirements outlined by TrackOFF for device-wide protection
- Go to market with an Android application that meets the core requirements outlined by TrackOFF for device-wide protection
- Implement a TrackOFF macOS development and release schedule that ensures any functionality we develop for TrackOFF Windows is mirrored by macOS and deployed within 60 days of Windows release
- Pitch new ideas for privacy protection functionality we could implement on any 4 of our platforms
- Deliver monthly reports on the data privacy competitive landscape to the executive team, detailing what other companies are developing and releasing that will compete with us
What Skills You'll Need 🛠
- Experience working with the following languages and IDEs: iOS and macOS - Swift with Xcode (required); Android - Java with Android Studio (not required - but ideal); Windows - Microsoft C# .NET Development with Visual Studio (not required - but ideal)
- Experience distributing applications via the following channels: Windows Store, Apple App Store, Google Play Store
- Distribution via website (customer downloads EXE/DMG file)
- You have deployed, maintained, and updated mobile and/or desktop applications in the pastSolid understanding of databases such as SQL
- Experience with Git SCMExperience crafting, maintaining, versioning internal and external ReST APIsCross-platform development
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience with sprint planning and time estimation for engineering tasks
- Ability to coordinate and lead parallel efforts for multiple developers across multiple platforms
Who You Are
- Work ethic - all engineers will look to you as an example, set a steady pace and over deliver on your promises
- Openness - be up front and transparent about research findings, development timelines, feasibility
- Efficiency - be able to take proposed product features from creative concept to production deployment inside given timeline and budget
- Fastidious - document core processes effectively.
- Critical thinking - plan and develop thinking of the end customer, how they will use the applications, and the implications on them
- Proactivity - acts without being told what to do. Solves problems before they arise.
Culture & Perks 🎉
- Mondays we start at 10
- Unlimited sick and family emergency days (we know things come up!)
- Medical insurance with company contribution
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Commuter assistance
- Simple IRA
- Company paid gym membership
- Lots of yummy snacks in the office
- Team lunch on Fridays
- Monthly bonding events
- Summer hours
TrackOFF is made up of people with many diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.