Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join us here at Traction Guest! As our Developer, you will be responsible for development on our Traction Guest application, on all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database.
We are a global leader in enterprise visitor management. We are on a mission to help organizations across the world protect their facilities, employees and visitors. We pride ourselves on our innovation and growth and have been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Company to Watch, Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star and G2 Leader in Customer Satisfaction for Visitor Management. We are backed by investors that include Bessemer Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures. To support our diverse customer base, we have employees across the world in Ireland, US and Canada.
Culture is important at Traction Guest. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are:
Do the right thing
Seek adventure and smiles
Healthy hearts and heads
- 4+ years’ experience with Ruby on Rails with a great understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, and RESTful
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (such as Bundler, Rake, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Design integrations between our core product and a number of third party applications
- Develop and mentor junior members of the engineering team
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe you need to dive in to get to know us. We encourage you to research and read up on our company news and articles. Throughout the recruitment process, you will be given the opportunity to ask lots of questions, meet different members of our team, and get hands on to showcase your skills. As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that we could be your next big move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps. Our general recruitment process has the following steps:
Phone Interview with our People & Culture team
Meet with the hiring manager and other members of the team
Demo presentation and interview
Culture meeting with members of the Traction Guest team
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.