Talent Acquisition & People Specialist
Burnaby, BC /
People & Culture /
We’re looking for a Talent Acquisition & People Specialist to join us here at Traction Guest on a 15-18 month maternity leave contract! As our Talent Acquisition & People Specialist, your top priority is to build the Traction Guest team with empowered individuals who are intrinsically motivated to work together. You will live and breathe the essence of Traction Guest’s culture and build strong and trusted relationships with our candidates and internal team. In addition, you have a passion for learning about all aspects of HR and are excited to be a part of the employee lifecycle after you bring great new hires onto the team!
With a background in talent acquisition and a passion for people, you are a full cycle recruiting dynamo able to recruit for technical and non-technical positions. Talking to people and making them feel at ease comes naturally to you, and helping others is how you get on with life. Above all, you are passionate about matching the right people with the right role and team, ultimately providing them with the best employee experience here at Guest.
We are a global leader in enterprise visitor management. We are on a mission to help organizations across the world protect their facilities, employees and visitors. We pride ourselves on our innovation and growth and have been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Company to Watch, Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star and G2 Leader in Customer Satisfaction for Visitor Management. We are backed by investors that include Bessemer Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures. To support our diverse customer base, we have employees across the world in Ireland, US and Canada.
Culture is important at Traction Guest. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are:
Do the right thing
Seek adventure and smiles
Healthy hearts and heads
What you will be doing
- Source, evaluate, and coordinate potential candidates using our own system, job boards, social networking, industry events
- Get creative on ways we can leverage our employee brand to attract highly qualified candidates
- Develop a cohesive recruitment program incorporating the heart and soul of Traction Guest into job descriptions, postings, social media and other external messaging
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified talent
- Interview prospective candidates via phone and in-person to assess culture fit and technical aptitude, then skill set and work historyWrite job profiles like a pro to attract candidates with raw intellect, learning agility, diversity, leadership and innovation
- Collaborate with managers to identify and target current skill needsProvide coaching for people managers on recruitment and interview best practices
- Lead Traction as a culture ambassador
- Support our People & Culture team with the coordination and administration of HR related tasks and day to day operations
- Project manage and lead various initiatives and programs related to People and Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ full cycle recruiting experience recruiting for technical and non-technical focused roles in highly competitive candidate markets
- Minimum of 1 year of HR generalist/coordinator work supporting various aspects of HR
- Experience scaling a high growth technology company desired
- Demonstrated ability to create a plan and execute on itSuperior written and verbal communication skills, active listener, empathic
- Familiarity with social media job boards, actively sourcing for passive candidates and understand how to navigate them effectively
- Strong business acumen with a passion for employee experience and engagement
- Efficient, organized and tech savvy with the ability to think quickly on your feet
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe you need to dive in to get to know us. We encourage you to research and read up on our company news and articles. Throughout the recruitment process, you will be given the opportunity to ask lots of questions, meet different members of our team, and get hands on to showcase your skills. As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that we could be your next big move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps. Our general recruitment process has the following steps:
Phone Interview with our People & Culture team
Meet with the hiring manager and other members of the team
Demo presentation and interview
Culture meeting with members of the Traction Guest team
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.