Burnaby, BC /
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to join us here at Traction Guest! As our Solutions Engineer, we are looking for someone with a technical aptitude and a love of working with customers to present solutions to address their everyday business needs.
With a background in SaaS sales, a Solutions Engineer will support the sales team to move opportunities through the various stages of the sales cycle. You will learn and understand prospects’ business challenges, processes and goals and position Traction Guest in a compelling and easily understood manner. This will most often be accomplished through product demonstrations.
As an evangelist for the Traction Guest platform you will also support the sales team in exploring new use cases and sharing valuable insights with our product and marketing teams; finding opportunities where Traction Guest can win.
We are a global leader in enterprise visitor management. We are on a mission to help organizations across the world protect their facilities, employees and visitors. We pride ourselves on our innovation and growth and have been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Company to Watch, Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star and G2 Leader in Customer Satisfaction for Visitor Management. We are backed by investors that include Bessemer Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures. To support our diverse customer base, we have employees across the world in Ireland, US and Canada.
Culture is important at Traction Guest. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are:
Do the right thing
Seek adventure and smiles
Healthy hearts and heads
- 5+ years of previous experience as a pre-sales technical consultant in a SaaS based organization
- Ability to have exploratory conversations with prospective clients to understand their business challenges
- Strong presentation skills with a unique ability to explain technical capabilities in everyday jargon
- Process and detail oriented, eye for detail and ability to put together information in a clear and easy to follow manner
What You'll Be Doing
- Partner with account executives throughout the sales cycle and aim to make the evaluation of options of our product simpler and more pleasant
- Establish customer trust and confidence by partnering in business & technical discovery throughout the evaluation process
- Working directly with a customer prospect to learn and understand their business challenges and strategic company/business unit goals
- Position existing Traction Guest functionality to solve a prospect’s needs
- Assist in the developing and delivering of customized presentations/demonstrations specific to each customer and that showcase a solution to their business challenges
- Inspire our customers by telling a differentiated story that demonstrates our competitive advantages
- Execute against competitive threats in our deal cycles, and participate in cross functional efforts to build competitive expertise
- Listen to and empathize with our customers and relay feedback to our product and engineering organizations to properly inform our roadmap
- Engineer scalable, reliable infrastructure to reduce the friction on Sales and Presales in delivering relatable and effective demos
- Help drive Proof of Concepts and Pilots so customers can experience the value of Traction Guest first hand and prove to their internal stakeholders there is a Solution Fit that solves their business challenges
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe you need to dive in to get to know us. We encourage you to research and read up on our company news and articles. Throughout the recruitment process, you will be given the opportunity to ask lots of questions, meet different members of our team, and get hands on to showcase your skills. As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that we could be your next big move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps. Our general recruitment process has the following steps:
Phone Interview with our People & Culture team
Meet with the hiring manager and other members of the team
Demo presentation and interview
Culture meeting with members of the Traction Guest team
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.