Burnaby, BC /
We're looking for a VP of Engineering to join us here at Traction Guest! As our VP of Engineering, we are looking for an outstanding leader who can dive deep and be the voice and strategy behind our engineering roadmap.
With a background in enterprise software development, we are looking for someone who can lead our strike teams to achieve technical success and innovation.
We are a global leader in enterprise visit management. We are on a mission to help organizations across the world protect their facilities, employees and visitors. We pride ourselves on our innovation and growth and have been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Company to Watch, Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star and G2 Leader in Customer Satisfaction for Visitor Management. We are backed by investors that include Bessemer Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures. To support our diverse customer base, we have employees across the world in Ireland, US and Canada.
Culture is important at Traction Guest. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are:
Do the right thing
Seek adventures and smiles
Healthy hearts and heads
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience minimum in the technology industry as having contributed to and having lead growing teams in an fast moving environment
- 5+ years in a senior position with responsibilities of accurate progress report, stakeholder management and any necessary executive briefing of projects
- Previous experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management of development/implementation and execution processes
- Considerable knowledge in all areas of operations, planning, transformations, engineering & effective success team building
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to executive team members as well as customer-facing teams
- Results-focused with a strong track record of meeting strategic technology targets and deliverables amidst operational demands
What You'll Be Doing
- Be the example of very strong technical leadership and demonstrate a strong ability to lead and manage individuals including coaching, managing performance, and hiring additional team members
- Be the leader for high performing strike teams in a growing and fast paced environment
- Lead and develop department-wide initiatives to deliver the product roadmap, and provide executive communication to various stakeholders and internal communication channels
- Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile Scrum environment with a focus on continuous integration and automation
- Collaborate with other technology leaders and departments (ex. product management, customer success, marketing, sales)
- Develop and implement computer/software engineering standards, design specifications, and engineering change process management
- Ensure intellectual property position of the company is enhanced by R&D activities
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe you need to dive in to get to know us. We encourage you to research and read up on our company news and articles. Throughout the recruitment process, you will be given the opportunity to ask lots of questions, meet different members of our team and get hands on to showcase your skills. As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that we could be your next big move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps. Our general recruitment process has the following steps:
Phone Interview with our People & Culture team
Meet with the hiring manager and other members of the team
Demo Presentation and Interview
Culture Meeting with members of the Traction Guest team
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.