Director, Strategic Pricing, Automotive
Greater Toronto Area /
Dealertrack – Finance /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Dealertrack is looking for a seasoned Director, Strategic Pricing, Automotive who Leads and drives a customer-focused culture throughout to deepen and broaden customer relationships. The incumbent will ensure business pricing strategies, and initiatives are executed/delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. They will deliver Trader’s pricing strategy within the Dealertrack product group and ensure a continuous iterative process to improve Revenue, Customer Retention, and Overall Customer Value.
What you'll do:
- Stay abreast of the industry, and competitive landscape to identify optimal ways to improve pricing strategies
- Utilize a strong understanding of the current landscape in Auto lending from various points of view, Lender, Dealer, Service Provider
- A clear understanding of Trader priorities, carefully evaluating decisions on the impact to Value, and Revenue Growth, for Trader, Dealertrack, and the Customer
- Analyze and understand the various loan structures: Subvented, Non-Subvented, Prime, and Non-Prime to effectively evaluate the overall impacts on an auto portfolio
- Utilize data, analytics, and risk modeling to track pricing, understand trends, and propose new methodologies
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture
- Understand how the company’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which they pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with the company’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates all employees by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vision/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team
What you bring to the table:
- In-depth knowledge of auto lending including: policies, practices, procedures, pricing, and profitability as well as an awareness of business trends, economic, technological, social, legal, and political conditions, and factors that could affect the viability of the Dealertrack service model.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements is a positive
- Strong understanding of the Automotive Finance industry in Canada and the US, including the relationship between Retail and Commercial Auto profitability.
7+ years of Automotive Experience in banking, lending, risk management, or financial analysis
- Ability to work with large data sets, build complex models, and analyze outcomes with a thorough business sense.
- Detail-oriented, ability to innovate and think through new methodologies to drive value and growth
- Superior negotiation skills.
- An undergraduate degree in business or economics (or work equivalency) is a requirement.
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching