Graphic Designer, Junior - Co-Op
Greater Toronto Area /
Marketing – B2B Marketing /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Here’s an incredible opportunity to become a valuable team member at one of Canada’s key technology and advertising innovators, AutoTrader.ca, the country’s largest and most trusted automotive marketplace, as well as the choice partner for Canadian automotive retailers and manufacturers. With over 26 million monthly visits and more than 7 million app downloads, AutoTrader.ca is the top destination for all things automotive in Canada. We offer retailers and manufacturers access to a robust audience of used and new car shoppers, best-in-class advertising services, and rich data insights.
We are in search of the best junior creative talent Canada has to offer – a sharp, passionate, and enthusiastic graphic artist, eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced and results-focused business setting. Through this position, you will join a dynamic, first-rate team of marketers, with over 30 years of combined experience in B2B Marketing, and provide support for key creative outputs, including marketing and communications efforts targeting our dealership and auto manufacturer audiences.
Your day-to-day will consist of executing a variety of engaging and on-brand creative assets, spanning diverse media and marketing tactics. You will routinely collaborate with our Creative Lead, a veteran graphic artist, on creative requirements, conceptualize outputs, and deliver compelling graphics, including but not limited to illustrations, layouts, logos, and more. With the support of our Creative Lead, you will actively shape marketing material, websites, emails, display ads, social media activations, sales collateral, online and offline events, and more! Creative assets will capture the attention of those who see them and effectively communicate our brand story, business promise, and value proposition.
This role is best suited for those with a creative flair and a strong ability to translate a nuanced suite of products into compelling and engaging designs. As a bonus, you will be provided with ample opportunity to learn, grow, and gain valuable first-hand creative marketing experience, with abundant exposure to the processes, platforms, methods, and software customarily leveraged across the creative component of marketing and communications.
If you’re keen to apply the theoretical and practical knowledge gained through your educational endeavors and you feel you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, then this exceptional opportunity to flex your creative muscle may be the right fit for you!
– Bring the AutoTrader value story to life through effective and compelling creative material and supporting visual aids, applied to both sales enablement tools as well as marketing, communications, and promotional materials
– Routinely connect with peers and collaborators to gain a firm understanding of requirements for individual or project-based creative outputs
– Conceptualize visuals based on requirements, prepare mocks, and present ideas for review
Generate creative and develop graphics, with the aid of design software/platforms, to support
– marketing and communications efforts as well as product launches
– Build creative for websites, emails, social media activations, sales collateral, online and offline events
– Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing, on-brand, and aligned with project specifications/requirements
Amend designs following the intake of feedback prior to the campaign go-live
– Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or equivalent (current or completed)
– Knowledge of design fundamentals, with the ability to execute creative aligned to established brand parameters and principles
– Familiarity with design software and technologies including Adobe Creative Suite or Adobe Creative Cloud, (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver)
– Experience with WordPress and Elementor content management platforms is a plus
– Ability to code, specifically in HTML5 and CSS3, applied to web pages and email layouts, is a bonus but not essential
– Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word and PowerPoint
– Sound organizational and time management skills with a “can do” and “go-getter” attitude
– Willingness to take on new challenges and learn new processes, software, and platforms
– Self-driven and able to work in both a team environment and independently
Bilingual (French and English) is a bonus, however, not essential
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching