Senior Manager, Technology
Greater Toronto Area /
Dealertrack – Digital /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Dealertrack is looking for a Senior Manager, Technology for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
The Senior Manager, Technology will play a critical role in the development of our online products by aligning business goals with product innovation. You will support the processes that drives predictable and innovative solutions to help the company retain its leadership position in the market. Supporting innovative products, including mobile and cloud-based solutions and support your team by balancing agility with discipline to deliver quality solutions to meet business needs and customers’ needs. You will attain results by interfacing with multiple stakeholders including Product Management, Information Technology, Sales Operations, Sales, and external business partners.
What you’ll do:
· Support company vision & strategy with tactical development plans and technology operations.
· Support company platforms spanning mobile, integration and Cloud stacks.
· Stay abreast of advances in technology and adopt technology to provide competitive advantage to the business.
· Support and deploy standards and best practices in the areas of project planning, project management, quality management, application lifecycle management, coding conventions and documentation standards across the organization.
· Participate in strategy sessions with leadership to prioritize efforts.
· Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to identify & support technology needs.
· Collaboratively work with multi-functional teams, including marketing, sales, finance, user experience, and sales operations to understand their needs and how to best support them.
· Integrate client service and support quick resolution of customer issues and ensure such issues are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Support TRADER customers on engineering and support matters and assist pre-sales process, including emerging technical responses to RFPs.
· Leverage new technologies to enhance our capabilities
· Recommend vendor selections/relationships and contract negotiations where relevant, ensuring returns on investments.
· Lead a high-performance team by recruiting, supervising, training and retaining staff.
· Lead, mentor and coach the team in the adoption and use of best practices such as Agile development, containers and design patterns.
· Establish standards of performance and monitor employee development.
· Ensure environments operate according to standards, security, regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA.
· Create an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s proprietary and user information.
· Develop efficient internal change control processes and configuration management.
What you’ll need:
-Bachelors or Master’s degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields is required
-Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in hands-on development with a strong technical background with direct hands-on experience in the design and development of mobile and Cloud-based software preferably in a mid-start-up/product environment.
-Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, including design, implementation, test and release in an agile strategic team environment;
-Proven analytical capabilities to breakdown complex technical tasks into executable and measurable steps to deliver predictable results;
-Experience working on large, complex projects and technology stacks;
-Excellent communication skills, independent and proven creative thinking;
-Proven ability to recruit, motivate, and mentor top talent
Soft Skills and Competencies:
-Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track results
-Strong team management skills – ability to plan and organize resources, gain internal alignment and create a “one team” approach to operating.
-Strong business acumen – ability to understand the real-world implications and constraints of data and analytical approaches
-Strong relationship building skills – ability to develop and leverage relationships that go beyond the organizational chart to get things done.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Ability to influence business group leaders to build consensus on key topics
-Strategic thinking – ability to view projects/questions and make recommendations within the context of the larger business strategy.
-Advanced analytical and synthesis skills combined with the ability to understand, extract and interpret data.
-Flexibility to manage various projects with competing deadlines and the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching