Director - SEO
Greater Toronto Area /
Marketing – Consumer Marketing /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Autotrader.ca is seeking a Director of SEO to lead our search engine optimization strategy and implementation efforts. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with deep experience in search engine optimization, content strategy, and analytics. As the Director of SEO, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product, and engineering, to develop and execute on our SEO strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy to increase organic search visibility, traffic, and revenue for Autotrader.ca
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure SEO best practices are integrated into all marketing and product initiatives
- Monitor and analyze site performance, keyword rankings, and user behavior to identify opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Conduct ongoing research and stay up to date with industry trends, algorithm updates, and search engine guidelines
- Manage and mentor a team of SEO developers, providing guidance, coaching, and development opportunities
- Develop and implement testing plans to continuously improve site performance and user experience
- Obsess over SEO performance metrics and recommendations and keep senior leadership and stakeholders informed
Experience we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in search engine optimization, with a proven track record of driving organic search traffic and lead growth
- Deep understanding of search engine algorithms, ranking factors, and search engine guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and experience with SEO analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and lead a team
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching