Senior Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineer
Toronto, ON /
Digital – Digital /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Engineer is responsible for understanding business requirements and delivering high quality technical solutions that empower Autotrader to utilize the Marketing Cloud automation platform.
This position will support our marketing team by building custom queries, email templates (static and dynamic), automation jobs, and comprehensive customer journeys. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Consumer platform, the ideal candidate will have extensive technical experience with SFMC and robust journey building on a mission critical, high traffic platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Resident SFMC expert responsible for design and technical implementation
· Translate business and marketing opportunities into well-designed solutions
· Collaborate with feature development teams to determine the ideal SFMC implementation
· Develop responsive email templates with extensive knowledge of AMPscript and Guide Template language
· Stay current with latest SFMC capabilities roadmaps, updates, and developer communities
· Understand the complex environments within integrated platforms and optimize solutions for efficiency and elegance
· Coach other engineers, product, and delivery staff on an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the SFMC platform
· Perform root cause analysis on system errors, identify correction action, and liaise with our Tech Ops team to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Create and update documented knowledge bases around technical automation processes and patterns
· Expert-level knowledge of SQL and a very good understanding of SFMC’s Contact Data Model
· Experience building responsive landing pages with HTML, CSS, Typescript, and Angular 11+
· Knowledge of SFMC is required
Extensive experience utilizing Journey Builder with a thorough understanding of Audience Building configuration
· Experience with email and/or marketing automation software and integration with databases
· Able to conceptualize a technical solution and relay it to other team members and stakeholders.
· Experience building cloud-based apps and a strong familiarity in the scalability, performance optimization, and monitoring of those apps.
· Support in the maintenance of existing software systems.
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching