Marketing Content Writer
Toronto, ON /
AutoSync – AutoSync /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
The candidate will be responsible of writing content articles that brings automotive brand narratives to life on various topics including new vehicle launches, service and repair tips, make-model FAQs, promotional copy for advertising landing pages, etc. Drawing from rich customer insights and candidate's own curiosity about what motivates car shoppers, the candidate would craft Landing Page & Blog copy that will build brand strategy for our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Content Writer is responsible for partnering with SEO Specialists and subject matter experts (designers, front-end developers, social media, Paid Advertising) to write new content and update existing content for landing pages, blogs & social media posts. In this role, you will help create content for dealership websites and social channels. The Content Writer will use firm guidelines and tools to optimize the content for search. Work directly with business areas to ensure the business needs are met while prioritizing the user experience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Write clear, compelling copy to embody the voice of the brand. Adapt style as needed for different types of communication, whether the objective is more inspirational, or more straightforward.
- Effectively interpret information briefed for each project and challenge the brief to ensure the strategy is clear and aligned to the channel’s best practice.
- Proactively seek effectiveness in advertising by understanding the needs of our customers and researching competitors’ advertisements and campaigns.
- Deliver on the creative brief requirements and offer alternative solutions when there’s a better angle.
- Collaborate with Advertising, Social and creative partners to keep the work fresh, challenges status quo and ultimately delivers powerful, motivating communications.
- Understand the legal guidelines and formatting, ensuring compliance and consistency throughout projects.
- Stay current on the automotive industry trends and keep up with ever-evolving channel best practices.
- Plan, prioritize and organize a high volume of work and coordinate with stakeholders to effectively meet deadlines.
- Proofread and self-edit to deliver work that is accurate and achieves standards of creative excellence and technical quality.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in English language arts or communication
- 2-3 years’ experience in copywriting
- Portfolio demonstrating strategic & creative strength.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong ability to think conceptually, strategically, and technically.
- Detail and solution-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching