Sr. Software Engineer in Test
AutoSync – Websites /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test works across agile teams to ensure integration points meet functional, performance, and code standard requirements. This role requires that software engineering best practices be applied to the domain of software quality testing. Working closely with engineering managers, product owners, and other agile team members, the Sr. SDET ensures that the desired results for our services are achieved and maintained.
What you'll do...
· Defining quality standards and metrics for our products and projects.
· Continually improve our testing standards, tools, and processes.
· Defining best practices for test coverage, automation, and the general testing lifecycle.
· Coach and mentor, the QA team on testing best practices.
· Define and execute a long-term test strategy – in terms of people, tools and processes.
· Communicating with all stakeholders to ensure that the quality metrics are agreed upon and continually reviewed.
· Ensure testing metrics are visible via reporting and dashboards.
· Ensuring all development tasks meet quality standards through test planning, test execution, quality assurance, and defect tracking.
· Develop and ensure a strategy that favors test automation over manual testing.
· Maintain and expand existing automation frameworks.
· Review test plans and ensure that they are reviewed by all stakeholders.
· Ensure proper coverage of various testing strategies like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance, etc.
· Be a point of contact for all the escalations related to testing and quality assurance.
· Assist in creating quarterly quality assurance objectives.
· Work with the team to improve the CI/CD and deployment pipeline.
What you bring to the table...
· An automation expert
· Strong knowledge of testing frameworks such as Junit/TestNG with Selenium.
· Experience with load testing using JMeter, or similar.
What you'll need...
· Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 7 to 8 years, of hands-on software test development experience. (Automation + Manual)
· Hands-on experience in project planning (QA), QA assessment, test plan creation, test execution, post-release test automation, and release QA support.
· Strong knowledge of the “Test Pyramid” and testing strategies.
· Hands-on experience with automation using selenium web driver, JUnit/TestNG framework with POM, or similar.
· Web-application mobile testing automation experience with Appium, or similar.
· Experience in the creation, maintenance, and optimization of automation frameworks including management of test reporting.
· Experience working within a formal CI/CD pipeline.
· Good understanding of version control tools such as GIT.
· Agile team and methodology experience.
Nice to have Experience...
· Experience in BDD/TDD.
· AWS code pipeline - build and deployment experience.
· Jira/Confluence experience.
· Kanban tools and processes experience.
· New Relic/Splunk hands-on experience.
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching