Principal Front End Engineer
Digital – Digital Retail /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
What You’ll do…
· Design and develop elegant back-end cloud solutions which are end-to end: from technical analysis and data implementation/architecture, through to unit testing, development, and integration testing.
· Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers within your team on engineering excellence, including how to choose appropriate design patterns and identify anti-patterns, thoroughness in code-reviews, the perils of bad unit testing, appropriate engineering flow, and architectures which support maintenance and extensibility.
· Establish cross-team procedures to ensure software is thoroughly documented
· Perform root cause analysis on software defects, identify corrective action, and liaise with production support to resolve issues.
· Work with business partners and engineers to evaluate the suitability of 3rd party software
· Maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment for applications.
· The primary team advocate on front-end development patterns and practices.
What You Bring To The Table…
· Able to conceptualize a technical solution and relay it to other team members and stakeholders.
· Work with Trader’s architecture group to implement software against reference specification.
· Expert level experience in building unit, component, and integration tests and knowledge of how to use this as a system contract between other system end points.
· Extensive experience in CI/CD practices
· Experience building cloud-based apps and a strong familiarity in the scalability, performance optimization, and monitoring of those apps.
· Extensive experience in front-end development and testing frameworks
Must Have Experience…
· University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject.
· 7-10 year’s experience in the online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
· Expert level experience with Microsoft platform web development.
· Excellent knowledge of both relational and non-relational data stores, C#, Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and technologies, and both core and current engineering tooling
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching