Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Greater Toronto Area /
Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Responsible for supporting the preparation of the annual budget and other Year End estimates, working with the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Manager will make decisions along with department owners, on budget amounts and types. The Manager will be required to work with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality financial analysis to enable decision-making on any initiatives. The results of the budget, forecasts, and analysis will provide information to Senior Management to allow them to make informed decisions to enable Trader Corporation to meet its financial targets. The Manager will also be required to work with cross-function teams to produce high-quality financial analysis to enable decision-making on key company initiatives. A high level of business acumen will be required as the Manager will be expected to provide senior management with recommendations and actively influence the business decisions that are made.
What you'll do:
- Works with the Budget primes to gather and review all departmental budget or reforecast data and integrates it into one company-wide budget or reforecast. Will be responsible for making recommendations and decisions with department owners that will ultimately impact the financial results of the company. Responsible for analyzing actual results vs. budget or forecast in order to conduct a root cause analysis of variance differences.
- Participates in the budgeting activities with different internal agents (Executives, Directors, and budget co-coordinators) to ensure the budgets and forecasts are prepared on a timely basis in the correct format. Will be responsible for the accuracy of the data which may have a material impact on the financial results of the company.
- Works on the monthly financial statement analysis process and associated reporting of budget and reforecast variances. Will assist the Director in making informed recommendations to Executive Management.
- Advises various internal agents (Executives, Directors, and budget co-coordinators) on all matters relating to budgets, forecasts, and performance variances against projected results. Analysts will provide advice at times, without consulting their manager, so a strong level of judgment and professional maturity is required.
- Develops budget and reforecast templates and models for use in the budget and reforecast process. Will be required to work on developing KPIs, BOD materials, and other Executive materials.
What you'll need:
- University Degree or equivalent (R)
- Professional Accounting Designation i.e. CPA (CA/CMA/CGA), CFA or MBA (R)
- 3-5 years of budgeting and forecasting experience in a medium to large corporate environment (R)
- 3-5 years in business partnering and delivering value-added analytics in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment (P)
- Some working experience in a small-sized corporation is desirable (P)
- Must be able to rapidly adapt to change and deliver under minimal supervision (R)
- Ability to make recommendations with the big picture in mind while executing analytics and reporting with a high degree of detail and accuracy (R)
- Must have advanced Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Access (R)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills (R)
- Database (SQL) and VBA Programming knowledge desirable (P)
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching