Front-End Web Developer
Greater Toronto Area /
Customer Service – Tundra /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Join AutoTrader and shape the future of automotive e-commerce. We are on a mission to reinvent the digital retail experience for automotive consumers. Come to Trader and join a diverse workforce, working with the latest tech to pave the way for innovation.
We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity and excellence. A place where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
What you’ll do:
As part of a team of designers, developers, and creative analysts, you will work within our WordPress-based platform to build Professional Customer websites based on approved mockups. You will strategically implement design solutions that support the organization’s goals for improving user experience and results.
Key areas of responsibility are:
· Implement client websites, to their specifications and within the parameters of our platform, following approved mockups precisely.
· Perform front-end maintenance/change requests as assigned.
· Review mockups created by designers to ensure they are technically feasible, optimized for implementation, and effective on mobile and desktop.
· Advise stakeholders on scope of work, flag potential delays, make recommendations for more efficient solutions.
· Ensure code is optimized for speed and scalability.
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
· Minimize QA issues by reviewing and testing your work across multiple devices and browsers.
· Coordinate with back-end developers on joint projects.
· Adhere to all technical, branding, and web content accessibility guidelines.
· Work closely with creative analysts and project managers to ensure your sites meet all actionable customer requirements.
What you’ll need:
· Bachelor's degree/community college diploma in related field, or equivalent work experience
· Experience with source-code management and delivery platforms such as GitHub, Jira, Azure Dev Ops
· Familiarity with CMS-based development, primarily WordPress
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
· Able to design for cross-platform compatibility
· Good documentation/annotation habits
· Solid understanding of WCAG requirements
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Commitment to quality and attention to detail
· At home in a fast-paced, agile, commercial online environment
· Collaborative spirit, ability to give and accept feedback in a professional manner
· Bilingual (French/English) a plus
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching