Sr. Software Engineering Manager
Toronto, ON /
Digital – 1 Source /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
What you’ll do…
- Help the team create world-class products and technical solutions in our agile environment by leading a team of web developers.
- You will be the technical lead for multiple agile teams. This means you will work closely with the product lead and delivery leads of each team to plan and deliver the product and technical improvements in our pipeline.
- Hands-on mentoring and coaching of team members. Help them achieve their best result by removing impediments and supporting their technical and career growth.
- Help guide new product ideas by providing feasibility and creative technical solutions.
- Manage the administrative and human resources functions of the team including recruitment, performance management, and payroll.
What you’ll need...
- Fantastic communication skills and stakeholder management
- Strong technical skills with consumer-facing web solutions across devices
Microsoft .Net platform development in C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Web API, etc. using Visual Studio and related tools
- Azure platform development
Agile methodologies, and related tools such as Jira
Git-based source control and code review tools such as BitBucket, Gerrit, GitHub, Azure DevOps, etc
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Azure DevOps, etc
Thrives in working as a hands-on leader, mentor, and coach to development team members
- Excellent written & spoken English / communication & presentation skills
University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related subject.
- 5-7 year’s management experience in the online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
- Solid experience with Microsoft platform web development.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, ideally with Microsoft Azure
- Agile methodology and project management experience
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching