Sr. Product Manager
Toronto, ON /
Dealertrack – Product /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for the largest automotive technology platform in Canada .In this role, your focus will be working directly with product owners and lenders within the ‘professional services’ product team to prioritize and build their initiatives within our technology platform.
What You'll Do:
· Serve as the subject matter expert for our platform Finance Products. You will ensure that the way we handle everything from dealer experience to generating a funded loan with the lender is an excellent experience for our customers
· Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, vendors, competition, technology, and team, and create product roadmap that aligns with internal business strategy/goals
· Work closely with large, cross-functional teams, including product, product operations, engineering, design, marketing, and dealer support to ensure that we build lean and scalable features with clear intent
· Design repeatable integrations, experiments, and POCs, and work with internal engineering teams to deliver amazing new capabilities
· Define goals and KPIs to measure success. Report on weekly growth targets that ladder up to overall quarterly & yearly goals
· Develop business cases or impact analysis to the Company goals or OKRs to set priorities
What You'll Need:
· Strong communication skills
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Strong knowledge of the online business.
· Customer obsessed
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to work with multiple product teams to coordinate and validate cross team priorities.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
· Ability to quickly learn new products, technologies, and industries.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Create wireframes, business process flows and make data driven decisions
· Google Analytics
· Prior experience and a strong understanding working within Jira
What you bring to the table…
· You understand how and when to use multiple specs to describe complicated and/or interrelated functionality. You determine the right order for specs. You consider the impact to all devices and international points of sale when spec'ing your feature regardless of whether your feature initially targets a subset of those cases. You have a feel for the level of effort required for a feature you are defining and take that into account when drafting your requirements.
· You understand technical and design trade-offs and can work with your team to find creative solutions that strike the right balance between speed and quality. You know how to motivate your team to push through challenges and do whatever it takes to get your project out the door.
· You are efficient at assessing the quality of a release and making a decision on whether it meets the bar for release.
· When assessing a product opportunity, you know how to formulate the right business questions that should be asked, and then how to track down data that can inform a decision. You can connect project-level outcomes to key metrics that drive your product area, and that are meaningful outcomes for the business.
· You foster a close relationship with users of the product, and leverage feedback from multiple sources to help prioritize roadmap decisions. You can effectively balance feedback from users with the business needs of the company and make the right trade-off decisions.
· You can outline a design approach for a project, and then work with your team to translate that into a higher-fidelity representation of the feature. You understand the role that design plays in conveying product functionality to the user, and you work with design to create products that are easy to understand and use.
· You can not only assess results and define next steps, but also can make decisions that take into account team and company level trade-offs. You can clearly articulate to your peers why your current work is important to the company. You can identify when you are hitting the point of diminishing returns and can make the case to slow/stop investment.
· You are responsible for crafting a near-term product roadmap that aligns with the broader team and company goals. You understand how to make trade-off decisions that maximize value. You define a clear vision for your product area.
· You can effectively take into account team strategy when making roadmap decisions and can effectively communicate those strategic ties to more junior team members. You make a meaningful impact to the strategy through day-to-day product execution and through your contributions to the roadmap.
· You can not only identify the stakeholders that must be consulted on your project but can predict their feedback and make sure you have a plan to address it before reaching out. You seek to find product solutions that strike the right balance of stakeholder needs. You can effectively escalate when a solution cannot be found.
· You seek opportunities to provide support and advice to more junior members of the team, helping them to more effectively deliver on project goals. You seek out informal opportunities to mentor more junior members of your team, helping to guide the project execution.
· You are able to build buy-in and support for your projects from senior managers both within and outside the product organization. You mentor more junior team members on how to do the same. You work with your manager to put together a concrete, actionable career development roadmap.
Must have experience…
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, math, business or equivalent practical experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in Product Management
· Experience delivering and scaling products and processes in a technical and dynamic environment which requires a combination strategic, analytical, product, technical and operational acumen.
· Experience working with lending or other finance products, marketplaces, dealer technologies, or the automotive sector a plus
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching