Director, Resource Planning
Greater Toronto Area /
Digital – Digital /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
We are looking for a Director, Resource Planning for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
Within the strategic framework, the Director of Resource Planning combines technical domain knowledge with people skills to establish a workplace culture of high-performing, self-managed teams. Working closely with Internal stakeholders including People &Culture, Product, Digital, and Finance, the Director, Resource Planning is responsible for the strategic planning and management of staffing requirements as well as the development and nurturing of IT talents to ensure teams have the most relevant, updated skillsets and capacity to continuously deliver value to our customers. This role will provide internal advisory and strategic thought partnerships for the technology leadership team across the business. The role will participate, and in many cases provide leadership, in the various aspects of strategic development across multiple disciplines.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Executive Team in the advancement of digital and technology strategy, not limited to portfolio planning and prioritization, articulating value for senior internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization, namely Corporate Strategy and Business leaders as required, and aid the establishment of an Enterprise Strategy for Resource Planning.
- Compile from a number of internal and external sources a knowledge base view of competitive intelligence related to; Digital, Data, Industry trends, Products, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Creates work environments that nurture talent through diversity and a supportive culture.
- Coaches & enables team members by providing career development opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Works with Finance to establish budgets for teams and allocation of resources across digital teams. Manages and tracks resource budgets including capital and operating.
- Supports change leaders/agents through the change management process. Prepares, coaches, and supports employees and contractors with timely communication, sharing the impact of change, managing resistance, and advocating for the change initiatives.
- Leads and supports the creation and growth of communities of practice. Works closely with community members to evaluate maturity, develop strategies, and execute action items to address gaps.
- Keeps abreast of trends in technology and develops plans to acquire skills or abilities that are necessary for future growth.
- Works with leadership to evaluate the need for new roles.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing to build a staff augmentation model for rapid and just-in-time sourcing of external resources including the creation of master service agreements with service providers, statement of work (SOW), and development of RFQ and RFP.
- Identify, develop, and implement relevant metrics that measure Trader’s position relative to the market by using the knowledge base.
- Contribute to the transformation progress and success by providing input to an overall Digital Scorecard (OKRs, KPIs).
- Review existing business unit (BU) digital strategies and project portfolios, establish an opinion relative to market research, and document the same (in the form of reports or presentation material) as required.
What you'll need:
- The requirements for this job are acquired through a bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or a related discipline plus seven (7) years of related, demonstrated experience in people management.
- Strong technical knowledge or experience working in Digital space is preferred to develop employees
- Strong experience in Agile methodology and team management.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to provide coaching and guidance to employees, and establish a culture of Agility.
- Ability to manage and work through tight deadlines and pressure associated with a highly visible role.
- Advanced relationship-building skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and employees to build trust.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire others to work together to improve employee satisfaction, increase productivity and reduce turnover.
- Strong decision-making skills to hire, manage performance and terminate employment.
- Strong customer-centric mindset to understand teams’ objectives and provide support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to listen, present ideas, and provide coaching and guidance.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to provide inputs and resolve issues and escalations.
- Experience in Change Management practices
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching