Sr. Cloud Engineer
Toronto, ON /
Digital – Cloud /
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
Sr. Cloud Engineer
Do you have a passion for DevOps and developing automated systems? Would you like to work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment alongside a team of young, passionate industry professionals who specialize in the execution of premium digital marketing solutions for Automotive Retailers? Life is short. Work somewhere awesome!
We are on the lookout for a qualified individual to help maintain and improve a scalable, high-performance, distributed website platform as a DevOps Specialist. This individual will report to the Vice President, Product Software and work alongside a team of developers, QA specialists, designers and other DevOps engineers with varying specializations.
You will need to be self-motivated, organized, and have exceptional interpersonal skills to be successful in this position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
· 8 years of software engineering experience including developing, architecting, DevOps engineering, deploying highly scalable distributed computer systems
· 4 years of experience focused on AWS as an Application/Solutions architect
· An expert in working with AWS technologies like ECS, ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, Redis, IAM, WAF, Route53, Cloudfront, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation and CloudWatch
· Experience provisioning highly scalable infrastructure using AWS
· Experience working with WordPress, specifically WordPress Multisite is an asset
· Experience with setup and configuration of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
· Experience with container management systems like Docker
· Familiarity with design patterns and principles, including DevOps techniques, performance testing & management, and data storage & processing
· Strong, hands-on experience in developing and maintaining scalable, distributed, high-performance micro/web services
· Strong automation experience including deployment, monitoring and scaling automation
· Strong skills and experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools like Ansible
· Experience with setup and configuration of cloud monitoring tools - CloudWatch, Elastic Stack (ELK), New Relic, etc.
· Experience installing/configuring/maintaining centralized logging tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic, etc.
· Experience installing, configuring and monitoring Apache/Nginx HTTP servers
· Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you…
-We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
-We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
-Local in-office free gyms
-Employee and Family Assistance program
-Weekly virtual wellness events
-In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
-Conferences & training budget
-Regular internal training programs
-Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
-Annual bonus structure
-3% CPP matching