Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada /
Engineering – Operations Engineering /
Location - Remote, North America
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will utilize your software and systems engineering background to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Your role is to ensure that TradeRev’s systems - both internally critical and externally facing systems-have reliability and maximum uptime.
Our current team focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. You are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, post-mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
- Build scalable systems, using best practices around automation, pushing changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, planning and reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- 5+ years' of experience in an SRE, DevOps, or similar operational role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- You can write code in any language, and deployed your work in production.
- Experience with deploying, and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Experience with Configuration management and infrastructure automation tools, ie Terraform, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience working in large scale distributed systems in a 24/7 SaaS focused environment.
- Experience with operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Deployment best practices and tools ie Jenkins, CodeDeploy, etc.
- You have exceptional communication skills and an aptitude for developing relationships at the executive, engineering, and business levels throughout organizations.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.