Salesforce Architect (Remote)
Chicago, Illinois /
Engineering – Software Development /
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the overarching systems design and systems architecture for all Salesforce applications
- Maintain a technical understanding of the end-to-end product
- Establish and manage the architectural direction for the product
- Mentor development teams and review design and implementation plans
- Investigate and plan the adoption of new technologies
- Work with partners and customers to communicate the technical aspects of the product and develop solutions for their particular needs
- Represent Architecture to potential customers, communicating the technical aspects of our offering and interpreting opportunities based on our offering
- Work with key partners to interpret, communicate and align the product roadmap
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process
- Strong skills in innovative thinking, initiative and communication will be required and used regularly.
- Collaborate and participate in receiving and providing feedback on design and code reviews
- Work closely with Operations Engineering to ensure tight alignment between systems architecture, applications, deployment pipelines, security initiatives, and underlying platform architecture.
- Committed to proper automated test coverage (unit, integration, automated UI, etc.)
- Creating impact assessments of new requirements on existing functionality
- Acting as a key Subject Matter Expert in a 24/7 production on-call role for priority escalations
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycles, tools, processes and best practices. Deep and extensive understanding of Salesforce architecture concerns from a polyglot perspective.
- Responsible for application design, development and support of Salesforce projects
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- 8+ years of solid professional programming experience in Salesforce and Java
- Experience building scalable and maintainable Salesforce apps in a fast-paced environment
- Experience driving agile development methodologies
- Well versed in security methodologies and principles, object-oriented design and common design patterns
- Project/Feature scoping and estimating
- A proven record of developing robust and scalable cloud and enterprise systems solutions
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively solve data problems and provide actionable recommendations
- A passion for constant personal growth and growth of others
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving with a keen attention to detail
- Desire to seek solutions to complex problems, and never afraid to take on something new
- We are looking for someone that will always look for ways to improve, iterate, and re-invent
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new tech, architectures, and methodologies to improve both your team and your code base
- Resourcefulness in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Ability to think critically and see the big picture