Intermediate Java Backend Developer (SDEII)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development – Software Development
TradeRev is a revolutionary vehicle appraisal and auctioning application. We are the market leader who has changed the way cars are sold in North America and the UK.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here:http://work.traderev.com/
You’ll be at the heart of TradeRev’s engineering process, building products and services that will bring transparency and trust to automotive sales process. This will include working on new feature development and enhancing features on our auction and payment platforms, to deliver a more personalized experience for our customers.
Our Tech Stack
- Developing and maintaining Java web-based applications including analysis, design, development and implementation.
- Continuously work on improving our core offerings as we uncover new business opportunities.
- Drive technical discussions on software architecture, testing to ensure we do not compromise on quality and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2-6 years experience of Java development building large scalable applications
- Experience implementing REST-based APIs
- Familiarity with Frontend development concepts
- Excellent skills and experience in some or all of the following tech stacks: Node.js, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational data storage (eg. MongoDB, Redis)
Nice to Haves:
- Have experience building and publishing web applications, web services and RESTful API’s.
- Have bias towards action. You’re not afraid to try something new.
- Our tech stack is Java and Node.js running on AWS infrastructure. If you’ve worked with Java, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Python/Django or similar technologies, we would love to chat.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.