Software Engineer, Platform Tooling
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Engineering – Software Development
TradeRev is an online automotive remarketing system where dealers can launch and participate in real-time vehicle auctions at any time from their mobile devices or desktop. It allows Sellers to obtain instant bids while the retail customer is sitting in the showroom by providing a private, customized network for Buyers and Sellers that quickly and efficiently move fresh trades.
We believe when it comes to buying a car, everyone should come out a winner. That’s why we’ve created the world’s first transparent automotive exchange, where every transaction plays out in the open for all to see and where both buyers and sellers are equally set up to win. Because we believe, people should trust the automotive purchase process, and get excited about it.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
With Great Skills comes Great Responsibilities. We understand that in order to attain and maintain amazing coding skills, it needs to be continually up to date, so we make sure you’re all covered when it comes to any professional development, conferences, and licenses. It’s on us.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Our Core Values: Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
We are looking for software engineers that have strong experience in cloud and automation to help build tooling to support TradeRev's migration to a Microservices architecture using Kubernetes and Kafka.
- Design and build tools to help teams increase their SDLC velocity and operational readiness, resulting in higher productivity
- Develop CLIs, GUIs, and APIs to address different needs and types of stakeholders
- Provide tooling that will generate Microservices templates in various languages including: TS, NodeJS, Python, Java
- Create libraries that will encapsulate infrastructure components that implement TradeRev's standards
- Creating tooling to lower costs in non-production environment by providing alternatives to AWS managed services
- Work closely with internal users throughout the development and testing process to understand their needs and rapidly iterate on solutions
- Identify opportunities to adopt and adapt new tools and techniques from the industry
- Create tooling so that developers can test locally
- Actively participate in regular team meetings, discussing issues related to productivity, process, workflow and quality
- Ensure that the tools are scalable, well documented and easy to understand
- A University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience with a strong coding skill set in at least one of the following; Java, Go, .NET, Python or Node.js
- At least 3 year of hands on AWS or other cloud experience
- Experience developing and extending development tools
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging technologies
- Experience with containerization/virtualization technologies like Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure orchestration tools like Ansible, Terraform or other IaC technologies
- Proven ability to quickly learn and work with new tools and technologies
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Experience with continuous integration and/or deployment tools like Jenkins
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative – you must be proactive and results driven with a proven track record
- Experience with cloud operations
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.