Software Development Team Lead
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development – Software Development
TradeRev is a revolutionary vehicle appraisal and auctioning application changing the way cars are sold in North America and the UK.
Find your Fun
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you.
If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go.
So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Our Tech Stack
Java, Angular.js, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3, Android, iOS (Swift), AWS, Groovy, Grails, NoSQL db, Elasticsearch, Redis/Memcached
How We Support You:
With Great Skills comes Great Responsibilities. We understand that in order to attain and maintain amazing coding skills, it needs to be continually up to date, so we make sure you’re all covered when it comes to any professional development, conferences, and licenses. It’s on us.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
We are looking for a Development Team Lead who loves mentoring and helping others develop into amazing engineers. This is an opportunity where you can stay technically hands on while also improving your leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have solid experience with developing scalable web and mobile applications and have success in leading a team of highly motivated, collaborative and intelligent group of developers.
- Serve as the Development Team Lead for one of our core teams with responsibility in technical mentorship, removing roadblocks, and helping to build world class products
- Utilize your technical expertise and solid leadership skills to guide Developers to create large scale, resilient, distributed systems.
- You will be contributing to architectural and design decisions
- Delivery and execution is critical, so you will be launching and iterating regularly in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of solid professional programming experience in some or all of the following tech stacks:
- Java, Grails, Node.js, relational (eg:MySQL) and non-relational (eg:MongoDB) databases
- Mobile languages: Objective-C/Swift, Android
- AWS, GCP and cloud development
- 2+ years of experience in a role(s) where you had direct leadership and responsibility for software engineers on your team
- Superb communication skills and team collaboration
- Experience working in agile team environments and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team
- A passion for constant personal growth and growth of others
- Desire to seek solutions to complex problems, and never afraid to take on something new
- We are looking for someone that will always look for ways to improve, iterate, and re-invent
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview who are legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.