Intermediate iOS Developer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada /
Engineering – Software Development /
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
You’ll improve the mobile experience across all of TradeRev, without compromising on quality, performance, usability or accessibility. You’ll take advantage of the latest and greatest technologies available on the iOS platform to help us build incredibly useful and innovative mobile apps that our users love and use every day. You’ll bring energy to the team, by being adaptable, productive, and by learning quickly.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Have a voice in the architectural definition and implementation of various key technology pieces
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- Participate in the product definition phase
- Partake in unit-testing for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Utilize Github to create pull requests, review code and merge branches
- Collaborate with the team and participate in knowledge sharing
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience with iOS application development
- University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline preferred
- Have experience building and publishing mobile apps and understand what it takes to maintain a pleasant user experience
- Familiar with standard iOS best practices and software design patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- Value code craftsmanship and constantly strive for self-improvement
- You’re curious by nature and have a high-level understanding of the things below your tech stack
- Have experience with some or all of the following: Swift, Xcode, Core Data, Fastlane, Git, CI/CD
- Have a bias towards action; you’re not afraid to try something new
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.