Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Product Management – Product Management
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go.So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
As we continue to grow globally, the Product Owner will act as a core member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of TradeRev’s product roadmap and value-drive priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team.
This is a key role within the Product Management organization that is accountable for the quality, value and ultimate acceptance of releasing product feature, improvements and enhancements into market.
Planning & Participation
- Lead analytical efforts to use data to understand behaviour, trends and deficiencies in how the product is being used
- Comfortably lead regular customer engagements (internal and external) and conduct needs analysis activities to understand customer needs vs. wants
- Actively influence and set up product KPIs for key initiatives and implement methods to capture, track and action them
- Work in partnership with Product Management to directly influence and shape the product roadmap
- Drive the execution, validation, iteration, and success measurement of some of our key initiatives by preparing and participating in Program Increment (PI) planning activities and ceremonies.
- Define & prioritize the execution of user stories and their respective value-driven acceptance criteria by representing the market and customer needs within the core agile team.
- In collaboration with Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations and Legal stakeholders conduct and maintain the agile team’s backlog prioritization and socialization of their acceptance criteria
- Lead iteration planning with the agile team by ensuring the right amount of details and acceptance criteria have been defined and represent the business needs
- Act as the primary business representative to accept and release value-driven stories into market
- Work with other Product Owners, Engineers and Architects to ensure the right enablers and cross-team collaboration is taking place to support the release of features into market
- Lead and deliver product demos to key stakeholders
- Continuously monitor and improve the process and cadence of the Product Management team in how to efficiently prepare and execute initiatives that deliver value to customers and stakeholders
- Work with product management and stakeholders to align on strategic priorities
- Communicates vision and purpose of the product to the teams
- Shape and execute the product roadmap
- Maintain and ruthlessly prioritize the product backlog with an intense focus on delivering business value
- Ensure voice of customer is heard on every phase of development and fight for the end user; drive incremental releases for fast customer feedback
- Comfortable in digging into technical details with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders to help evaluate the merit of various approaches in delivering product capabilities
- Ensures software meets business goals while managing backlog, definition of stories and prioritizationPrimarily team facing but also interacts with end-users, stakeholder, and others in the product market
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant working experience
- 2-5 years working as a software Product Owner or Manager in a B2B SaaS software company
- You have launched multiple successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms (iOS, Android and web)
- Demonstrated the ability to lead execution and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Detail oriented and able to look at a wide array of choices to identify what will create the most impact for our users
- Problem solving skills are a must. Identify opportunities to innovate and execute against them
- A passion for creating an exceptional customer experience required
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and tools quickly a requirement
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Production/Design, Finance, QA)
- Excellent attention to detail yet the ability to understand the big picture
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge
- Cross-platform experience with the design and development of Responsive Sites. Mobile App experience is a plus;
- Working knowledge and understanding of backend technology and enterprise platform - Complex Business rules, APIs, Database, SQL, and services-oriented architecture
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.