Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Operations – Technical
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
We’re looking for a FHAB technical writer who loves to learn about the code and document what our amazing developers and engineers are working on. In this role, you will be working closely with the TradeRev engineering teams and other internal stakeholders to create accurate and technical documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with product architects, software product engineers, QA, product managers, internal clients, Support, and others to successfully gather information required to develop necessary documentation.
- Write concise, easy-to-understand documentation that simplifies complex technical concepts into content consumable by all skill levels and roles.
- Review and edit technical documentation drafts contributed by peers or others outside the Product Engineering team.
- Translate high level instructions from developers/architects or demonstrations into concise, clear, step-by-step documentation
- Work with developers and product managers to clearly document instructions, guides, overviews and explanatory material
- Support users and customers by creating and maintaining release notes, newsletters, FAQs, knowledge-base articles, and mini-articles
- Simplify the complex by making important, complicated details easy for technical audiences to consume
- Take the initiative to drive improvements in process and quality of work to improve the end-user experience
- Apply an organized approach to your work to deliver results in a semi-structured writing environment with evolving processes
- Extract pertinent information from product development team members and application source code directly
- Enhance our process for API and architecture documentation management; including implementing/updating relevant tools, standards, and processes.
- Develop and maintain documentation for technically minded audiences
- Use API specification tool to generate documentation
- Apply a hands-on learning approach; be willing to test and research new product features
- Identify documentation needs via product usage data and direct user feedback
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- 3+ years technical writing experience with a relevant graduate degree.
- Proven understanding of modern software development concepts; the closer your experience level is to being a software developer, the better must provide examples of relevant work
- Ability to organize information into an easy-to-understand hierarchy.
- Self-driven, with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, as well as understand why they’re important to our users.
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with people in all ranks, teams, and disciplines across the company.
- Proven track record of writing technical concepts and documentation from scratch with experience managing complex API documentation projects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.