Salesforce Architect (Remote)
Indianapolis, Indiana Area /
Engineering – Software Development /
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.[TD1]
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the overarching systems design and systems architecture for all Salesforce applications
- Maintain a technical understanding of the end-to-end product
- Establish and manage the architectural direction for the product
- Mentor development teams and review design and implementation plans
- Investigate and plan the adoption of new technologies
- Work with partners and customers to communicate the technical aspects of the product and develop solutions for their particular needs
- Represent Architecture to potential customers, communicating the technical aspects of our offering and interpreting opportunities based on our offering
- Work with key partners to interpret, communicate and align the product roadmap
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process
- Strong skills in innovative thinking, initiative and communication will be required and used regularly.
- Collaborate and participate in receiving and providing feedback on design and code reviews
- Work closely with Operations Engineering to ensure tight alignment between systems architecture, applications, deployment pipelines, security initiatives, and underlying platform architecture.
- Committed to proper automated test coverage (unit, integration, automated UI, etc.)
- Creating impact assessments of new requirements on existing functionality
- Acting as a key Subject Matter Expert in a 24/7 production on-call role for priority escalations
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycles, tools, processes and best practices. Deep and extensive understanding of Salesforce architecture concerns from a polyglot perspective.
- Responsible for application design, development and support of Salesforce projects
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- 8+ years of solid professional programming experience in Salesforce and Java
- Experience building scalable and maintainable Salesforce apps in a fast-paced environment
- Experience driving agile development methodologies
- Well versed in security methodologies and principles, object-oriented design and common design patterns
- Project/Feature scoping and estimating
- A proven record of developing robust and scalable cloud and enterprise systems solutions
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively solve data problems and provide actionable recommendations
- A passion for constant personal growth and growth of others
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving with a keen attention to detail
- Desire to seek solutions to complex problems, and never afraid to take on something new
- We are looking for someone that will always look for ways to improve, iterate, and re-invent
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new tech, architectures, and methodologies to improve both your team and your code base
- Resourcefulness in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Ability to think critically and see the big picture