Software Developer in Test (Remote)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada /
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
Location: Remote, North America
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
The Senior Software Developer in Test will play a critical role, and will design, develop, and lead our quality automation initiative.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, define, execute, report and refine quality test plans and test cases per the organizational quality objectives.
- Understand the domain product vision and roadmap
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Write, execute and maintain a combination of manual and automated testing to ensure high quality releases
- Assist with the increase the automation of tasks and expand test coverage through both new and existing infrastructure
- Collaborate with multiple organizational teams to develop and execute test plans, with the aim of maximizing test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Integrate with CI infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Required experience with some of the following frameworks; Cypress, Espresso, XC UI test, Selenium, JMeter, wire mock, MySQL
- Experience working with grey/white box testing
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and quick to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Experience with Agile Development and testing methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions is required
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.