Business Intelligence Architect
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development – Data Science
TradeRev is a revolutionary vehicle appraisal and auctioning application. We are the market leader who has changed the way cars are sold in North America and the UK.
The Business Intelligence Architect will be responsible for building out and implementing a company-wide Business Intelligence Strategy. Business Intelligence Strategy includes a strategy for data organization and choosing the tools to present data as usable information. This role is hands-on to start, where the architect, as a subject matter expert, will be responsible for offering guidance and support to our business units to collect and organize data in a manner that is easy to gain insights, help them to understand the insights from the data to support business decisions. The candidate will be the owner of the data repositories, the data ingestion processes that transform unstructured and disparate sources of data into data lakes, data warehouses, data marts. The role also involves maintaining reporting tools used to present the insights and help business units to manage the dashboards on top of insights to make data-driven decisions.
Find your Fun
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Our Core Values: Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
- Create data ingestions processes to transform various types of data, structured and unstructured, into data repositories, i.e. data lakes, data warehouses, data marts
- Assess and document the data that various business units currently own. Update the documentation as more sources of data become available
- Organize the data so that it can be easily transformed to perform business analysis
- Deploy business reporting tools and work with business leaders to build dashboards to present insights in an actionable way
- Be involved in the product development lifecycle and vet all the changes to the way the data is captured and organized.
- Ensure that all the data pipelines are up-to-date with all the changes in the product and business leaders familiar with new insights.
- 5+ years as a Developer/Architect working on complex data management solutions
- 5+ years working with large scale data repositories
- You have an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar program. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Experience executing and successfully delivering multiple enterprise BI projects
- Experience with Data Warehousing Tools, ie. Redshift, Oracle, and others. Big Data processing, ie. Apache Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention.
- Experience with dimensional data modeling designs and techniques
- Experience developing complex SQL queries and stored procedures, and can create complex reports using cursors and multi-dimensional objects.
- Proven ability to deliver a major project initiatives
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.TradeRev is committed to providing employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.