Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Engineering – Analytics
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go.
So come on; let's have Fun together.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
At TradeRev, we know that our greatest asset is our people; they are and will always be the driving force behind our success. Whether that comes in the form of building a unique sales solution or innovating and evolving our product...we look to our employees to disrupt the norm and make their mark on the world. We are looking for dynamic individuals to help us to continue disrupting the automotive industry with our cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for a hands-on expert to join our team to keep up with the growth of our revolutionary automobile e-commerce business across North America. The team is responsible for all aspects of consumer data ingestion, storage, transformation, and visualizations using our Amazon Web Services infrastructure. You will be working alongside with data engineers to help build and manage all of our data pipelines and create reports and visualizations which are used to help drive crucial business decisions.
- Work with the data engineering team on important data modeling, as well as blueprinting for upcoming Data Lake technology for our fast-growing E-commerce ecosystem
- Automate current manual processes using advanced tools, optimize data delivery, improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Maintain and troubleshoot the infrastructure built for optimal ETL from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Work cross-functionally to explore and propose technology solutions to business problems that can be addressed using insights from data
- 3+ years’ extensive data engineering experience in big data environments for E-commerce preferred.
- High Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, Bash, Scala
- Expert level in SQL skills in both MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Hive and other big data technologies. Expert in designing and building high-performance data applications for both Batch and Stream processing of Relational and Non-relational databases
- Extensive experience with designing and maintaining complex data pipelines, deep experience with installing and maintaining workflow engine management systems ( Airflow, Luigi, etc) Experience with implementing them in a leading cloud infrastructure is a strong asset
- Experience working containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Working experience with AWS (EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift) or other leading cloud services
- Willingness to constantly updating oneself with updated technologies in the big data space, Passionate about being a trusted advisor providing important technology solutions to solve complex business analytics problems
- Build and maintain good relationships with empathy, trust and integrity --We are value-driven as well as culture-driven.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.