Software Development Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada /
Engineering – Software Development /
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
We are looking for highly technical software team leads looking to take the next step in their career as a Software Development Manager. You thrive on leading groups of talented and driven individuals providing guidance, support and encouragement to deliver top quality products within schedule.
Working closely with our CTO and other engineering leaders, you will take part in creating long-term objectives and prioritizing multiple goals across the development of TradeRev’s vision. You will be responsible for scaling and leading future requirements of our core application and maintaining flexibility to meet the business' rapidly evolving needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As a Software Development Manager, you will provide strong technical leadership and direction to our software engineers
- Partner with team leaders to support an innovative engineering culture focused on code quality, technical collaboration, efficiency, ownership and accountability
- Set up performance goals for team members; evaluate performance; provide coaching and facilitate professional development
- Drive a culture of high quality and innovation by collaborating closely with Product and Project Managers, Creative Designers, and Customer Support teams
- Continue to build effective development teams by participating in recruitment and hiring of engineers
- Facilitate learning through workshops, conferences, meetings, and team off-sites
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous learning and improvement of the engineering team is a focus
- Develop leaders and highly functional teams
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams (in a software product/SaaS company preferred)
- 5+ years of software development in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, Java, Linux/UNIX and SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience building scalable and maintainable web and/or mobile applications in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of software development life cycles, tools, processes and best practices
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively solve data problems and provide actionable recommendations
- Strong technical and analytical skills
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.