Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Engineering – Software Development
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
The Cloud Architect provides leadership, working as part of a team to establish and drive our systems architecture. The architect will bring a passion for excellence and will be a strong proponent of bridging knowledge share and collective effort between groups throughout the organization. The position will be heavily involved in optimizing the quality and crafting of our products to help drive TradeRev applications forward. They will play a key role in driving the ongoing conversation surrounding systems development, code quality, and architecture, throughout TradeRev environments and offices. The Cloud Architect will work closely with key stakeholders, partners and customers to assimilate input and communicate the architecture across the org.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the overarching systems design and systems architecture for all TradeRev applications
- Maintain a technical understanding of the end-to-end product
- Establish and manage the architectural direction for the product
- Mentor development teams and review design and implementation plans
- Investigate and plan the adoption of new technologies
- Engineer mobile applications, middleware and frameworks for various platforms like Android, iOS, Linux, Kubernetes, and others
- Work with partners and customers to communicate the technical aspects of the product and develop solutions for their particular needs
- Represent Architecture to potential customers, communicating the technical aspects of our offering and interpreting opportunities based on our offering
- Work with key partners to interpret, communicate and align the product roadmap
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process
- Strong skills in innovative thinking, initiative and communication will be required and used regularly.
- Collaborate and participate in receiving and providing feedback on design and code reviews
- Work closely with Operations Engineering to ensure tight alignment between systems architecture, applications, deployment pipelines, security initiatives, and underlying platform architecture.
- Committed to proper automated test coverage (unit, integration, automated UI, etc…)
- Creating impact assessments of new requirements on existing functionality
- Acting as a key Subject Matter Expert in a 24/7 production on-call role for priority escalations
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years leading software development teams with a solid understanding of systems development life cycles, tools, processes and best practices.
- 10+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- 2+ years experience working with cloud platforms. Preferably AWS and available product offerings, architectural concerns related to them
- Extensive experience with container driven architecture such as Docker Swarm, ECS, Kubernetes, EKS, etc
- Experience designing messaging systems. Preferably Kafka.
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience driving agile development methodologies
- Well versed in security methodologies and principles, object oriented design and common design patterns
- Strong knowledge of operating system architecture and communication protocols
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new tech, architectures, and methodologies to improve both your team and your code base
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.