Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development – Data Science
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will gather data requirements and work with our product and development team to optimize our software. You understand, tune and master the processing engines, used on a day-to-day basis. You will keep our data whole, safe and flowing with expertise on high volume data ingestion and streaming platforms. Working as a part of a small and agile team, you are a software engineer who designs, builds, integrates data from various resources, and manages big data. You thrive on writing complex queries, ensuring data is easily accessible, works smoothly, and optimizing the performance of TradeRev’s big data ecosystem. If you would like to see your work go to market and be given the opportunity to own your projects, this is the place to be.
Why Work with Us?
Our CEO and CTO are developers as well and work intimately with the team on all the apps, so your voice and work will be heard and recognized by the key decision-makers. You’ll be given the opportunity to own your project and have room to create and see your work in action. Growth is what we’re all about and that includes you and your career. We’ll let you carve out your niche as a member of our team. Freedom to be involved in delivering an exciting, disruptive product to an age-old industry and drive it into a new direction.
How We Support You:
With Great Skills comes Great Responsibilities. We understand that in order to attain and maintain amazing skills, it needs to be continually up to date, so we make sure you’re all covered when it comes to any professional development, conferences, and licenses. It’s on us.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Our Core Values: Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Think you have what it takes? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field
- Strong analytical skills and enjoys working with structural data sets
- Excellent knowledge of SQL; flexible to learn other scripting languages for data manipulation
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience working with large data sets and analyzing data to identify patterns
- Experience with Agile software development
- Know your way around a Unix/Linux shell
- Energetic, self-motivated individual who is execution oriented
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Have adopted problem-solving as a way of life!
- Experience with MySQL, data streaming, NoSQL
- Experience with Java, Python and/or Go
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.