Senior DevOps Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development – Operations Engineering
TradeRev is an online automotive remarketing system where dealers can launch and participate in real-time vehicle auctions at any time from their mobile devices or desktop. It allows Sellers to obtain instant bids while the retail customer is sitting in the showroom by providing a private, customized network for Buyers and Sellers that quickly and efficiently move fresh trades.
We believe when it comes to buying a car, everyone should come out a winner. That’s why we’ve created the world’s first transparent automotive exchange, where every transaction plays out in the open for all to see and where both buyers and sellers are equally set up to win. Because we believe, people should trust the automotive purchase process, and get excited about it.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be one of the brilliant minds behind the scalability and performance of our product. Do you want to run all your infrastructure in the Cloud? Work on a team that cares deeply about technical excellence?
- Design, implement, maintain scalable and highly-available environments using AWS infrastructure and supporting services
- Perform advanced systems design and administration for various platforms
- Configure, deploy system automation technologies to streamline development, testing and operational activities
- Continuously build a library of provisioning and management scripts, assist in the management of monitoring and alerts infrastructure.
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Troubleshoot and expeditiously resolve raised software and infrastructure related issues and challenges
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years' of experience in an Operational role, DevOps, SRE, or Software Engineering
- In-depth experience with cloud computing and solid experience of setup and management of cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with configuration management and infrastructure automation tools, ie Ansible, Terraform, Salt
- Experience with large scale distributed systems in the cloud and concerns like load balancing and disaster recovery
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
- Experience with Continuous Integration best practices and tools, ie. Jenkins
- You have exceptional communication skills and an aptitude for developing relationships at the executive, engineering, and business levels throughout organizations
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.