Senior Software Developer, Front-End (Remote)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada /
Engineering – Software Development /
Location: Remote, North America
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributing to our current web application in AngularJS by writing clean, reusable and performant code following the latest ES6 standards
- Advocate for unit tests with high coverage and writing the happy paths test cases for E2E tests using Cypress (or Selenium)
- Leading the architectural design and development of our next generation web application (while ensuring seamless collaboration with the UX team) using React
- Utilizing your technical expertise and solid leadership skills to guide developers in creating large scale, resilient, stateful web applications
- Providing effective code reviews for the web code base, and mentoring your peers
- Knowledgeable in the latest frontend technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on designing and implementing new features
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- A University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- You have a deep understanding of semantic HTML and component driven architecture.
- You have an outstanding attention to detail, you are a big advocate for great UX, and you are keen on using tools/methodologies to help write maintainable and scalable CSS in large codebases (i.e. Less, Sass, BEM, etc.).
- You have experience with mobile first approaches and responsive web architecture.
- You are enthusiastic about the concept of micro-frontends.
- You have experience with subversion control systems (with a preference for Git).
- You have experience supporting the most popular browsers and comfortable writing clean code that supports some older supported browsers (i.e. IE 11).
- You are comfortable working with the built-in browser tools and prefer using performance profiling tools to avoid premature optimization.
- You have experience working in an Agile environment where delivery and execution is critical.
- You have amazing projects that would provide evidence.
- You are constantly learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and the processes around you.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting other team members by doing code reviews and applying your experience in process and technical leadership.
- You have experience working in Agile team environments and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team.
- You are a good communicator.
- You not only love to code, but also you’re awesome at it!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.