Senior Software Developer in Test
Toronto, Ontario, Canada /
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
TradeRev has changed the automotive industry with its revolutionary product. Built as a multi-platform live auction app, TradeRev’s online automotive remarketing system has made a huge impact in the industry and has acquired quick user adoption with a fast-growing client base. As a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. and partnering with our sister company ADESA, we are continuing to expand TradeRev’s footprint in the dealer-to-dealer online space in the US and Canadian markets.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go. So come on; let's have Fun together.
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: http://work.traderev.com/
The Senior Software Developer in Test will play a critical role, and will design, develop, and lead our quality automation initiative.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, define, execute, report and refine quality test plans and test cases per the organizational quality objectives.
- Understand the domain product vision and roadmap
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop and manage QA automation roadmap to enable continuous improvement
- Write, execute and maintain a combination of manual and automated testing to ensure high quality releases
- Increase the automation of tasks and expand test coverage through both new and existing infrastructure
- Able to work across multiple platforms (Web, Android, iOS) is required
- Lead and collaborate with multiple organizational teams to develop and execute test plans, with the aim of maximizing test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing functionality at scale.
- Integrate with CI infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Mentors SDETs. Ensures that code and designs think beyond immediate requirements and are easily maintainable and adaptable to future requirements. Innovates.
- Defines coding standards and conventions. Insists on highest standards. Assesses SDET code, designs, and delivery for promotions.
- Participates in SDET interviews. Advises SDMs, product managers and senior engineering leadership.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Required experience with multiple frameworks like Cypress, Espresso, XC UI test, Selenium, JMeter, wire mock, MySQL
- Experience working with grey/white box testing
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and quick to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Experience mentoring and managing team of SDETs is a plus
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Experience with Agile Development and testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions is required
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
TradeRev is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. TradeRev is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.