DevOps Engineer - Developer productivity
Engineering – Engineering
Tradeshift is the world’s largest business commerce platform, connecting buyers, suppliers, and all their processes. Tradeshift helps businesses of every size to run more efficiently, using cloud technology to improve processes like AP automation, procurement, supplier management and working capital optimisation. Businesses rely on Tradeshift to transform and digitise their supply chain relationships and processes. At Tradeshift, we want to change the way companies do electronic business together - globally. Currently we are experiencing exponential growth, which is pushing our current platform to its designed limits.
This team is responsible for developer productivity including the CI/CD pipeline, and is working on designing and maintaining the toolset for faster delivery times for all teams. This role is a central part of how software is delivered and configured for optimal performance in every environment, going all the way from idea through the local developer environment to production.
We are looking for a team member who wants to solve some of our most challenging problems, and are interested in becoming a expert in developer facing infrastructure helping other teams delivering software faster.
- Maintain and improve the build infrastructure and processes.
- Helping to deploy and components and services to production.
- Ensure fast delivery of software through the pipeline.
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting this is world class
- Maintain and improve our build and test infrastructure
- Utilizing Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Identifying and removing performance bottlenecks throughout the pipeline
- Knowledge about Selenium
- Knowledge of using configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef
- You have strong experience with Java / Scala/ Maven / JVM
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have expertise with Docker
- You have worked with Kubernetes
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud)
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Culture & Perks:
Tradeshift is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is our people and how we work together. Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world.
At the centre of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
• Ambitious international startup
• Career and professional development opportunities
• Flexible hours
• Fully paid mobile phone and at home internet
• Lunch and snacks cooked in-house daily with drinks
• A competitive compensation package and equity
• A wellness program including in-house activities like yoga
We are all different and we all have different needs and interests. Tradeshift strives for a great work-life balance for all employees. You will have the freedom to manage your working environment and flexible hours.
You will have the chance to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.