Director of Ecommerce
116 West Hastings St., Vancouver, BC
Technology – eCommerce
We are looking for a top-performing, creative and passionate Director of eCommerce to execute and grow our eCommerce strategy and manage our website and product catalogue operations team. Reporting to the head of the Trail Techworks division, you will be empowered to create an eCommerce offering that complements Trail Appliance’s Omni-Channel strategy and elevates us above our competition. This is a unique opportunity to help build Trail Appliance’s eCommerce offering and create a significant and lasting business impact.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development, QA, implementation and execution of all website and eCommerce strategies, with KPI ownership of conversion rates (new and repeat customers), revenue per visitor, average order size and customer lifetime value through subscriptions.
- Manage a web development team to identify and build new features, operate ongoing website content updates, and optimize web visitor conversion.
- Drive improvements in discoverability of our brands and products through best practices, taxonomy, on-site search, creative and messaging.
- Manage a product catalogue team responsible for maintaining enhanced product information for all sellable products.
- Deliver a deeper understanding of the full customer journey, acting as the expert in customer identification and tracking.
- Identify, develop, execute and measure tactics such as SEO, inbound link programs and content creation focused on driving traffic growth via organic search, social networks and other channels.
- Deploy personalization tactics to improve revenue per visitor, using a combination of testing, 1 to 1 recommendations and persona or segment changes in product recommendation, creative content and messaging.
- Ensure that site tagging for Google Analytics and other programs is implemented so that all appropriate measurements can be gathered.
- Develop reports to glean insights, interpret funnel analysis and recommend site improvements.
- Lead effort to analyze and integrate selected technologies.
- Supervise a website operations and development team while working closely with the entire marketing team.
- Oversee the management of third party vendors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with Magento Enterprise Platform or similar enterprise level eCommerce platform.
- Proven experience in User Experience and UI design.
- Deep Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with financials and budgeting.
- Demonstrated understanding of internet technology and protocols from a technical and business perspective.
- Experience meeting aggressive targets for an online business; meeting the challenge with streamlined processes and innovative methods of achieving goals.
- Experience translating business objectives into technology and operational processes to achieve goals.
- Experience managing and reporting on many projects simultaneously: vendors, consumer traffic, production status, contract status and financial reporting.
- Tremendous work ethic and passion.
- An obsession for creating customer experiences that surprise, delight and convert.
- An unrelenting attention to detail. Extremely organized, yet flexible working style.
- Great judgment and an absence of ego in your decision-making.
Experience and Credentials
- 3+ years of experience as an E-Commerce Operations and technology leader in a growing multi-channel organization.
- 5+ years of experience within an E-Commerce Operations team, with demonstrated ability to exceed expectations and drive change.
- A post-secondary degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in an applicable field such as Computer Science, Business Administration, Marketing, or similar.
About Trail Techworks
Trail Techworks builds and operates the technology that powers Trail Appliances – Western Canada’s largest independent appliance retailer.
Our mission is transformation. We are evolving Trail Appliances and its sister brands (Trail Appliances Builder Division, and Edmonds Fine Appliances) from bricks-and-mortar retailers into omni-channel retailers that can serve their customers when, where and how they want.
Get the full Trail Techworks story at http://trailtechworks.com