116 West Hastings St., Vancouver, BC
Technology – Business Solutions
We are looking for a Business Analyst with strong systems skills to join our growing Business Solutions Team. Working alongside other business analysts, you will work closely with project managers and/or independently to deliver business results across all business areas of Trail Appliances. Your work will include identifying and resolving business problems, process mapping, requirements analysis, documenting processes, and coordinating user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a strong technical aptitude, have a natural analytical way of thinking, be a creative problem solver, and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
What we offer
- Flexible work schedule.
- Casual and open work environment.
- Awesome Gastown workspace.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Open and fun team culture.
- Work with a high-performing team of people who are passionate about their work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build consensus and facilitate dialogue with project managers, developers, colleagues, and business users.
- Work with developers to create functional specifications and build mock-ups of proposed solutions.
- Elicit requirements, analyze, understand, document, and improve systems and processes.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and executives on project status, needs, and milestones.
- Gather ongoing feedback on both existing and upcoming projects and product features.
- Act as an internal business area expert and champion.
- Review and analyze customer requests, product functionality, and enhancements.
- Lead and execute technical projects as required.
- Investigate and resolve system or data issues that surface from the business.
- Rotate in for light technical support duties in a tiered product support model.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Very strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and business process modeling skills.
- Consulting skills with the ability to influence, advise, mediate and control scope.
- A service-oriented customer focus – do what it takes to solve customer and business problems.
- Detail-orientation with a natural tendency toward polish and quality.
- Basic programming and SQL skills – you love applying technology to solve challenging problems.
- ERP experience is a must.
- ERP experience with a finance focus is a big plus.
- EDI experience is desirable.
Experience and Credentials
- Minimum 5 years of technology-related work experience.
- Occasional, same-day travel to lower mainland retail stores and head office.
About Trail Techworks
Trail Techworks builds and operates the technology that powers Trail Appliances – Western Canada’s largest independent appliance retailer. Our mission is transformation. We are evolving Trail Appliances and its sister brands (Trail Appliances Builder Division and Edmonds Fine Appliances) from bricks-and-mortar retailers into omni-channel retailers that can serve their customers when, where and how they want. Get the full Trail Techworks story at http://trailtechworks.com