Operations – Marketing /
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
Trail of Bits is seeking a marketing associate to handle all operations of our company’s public presence and marketing strategy. You will be heavily integrated into all areas of content marketing, refining our brand and communications internally and externally.
Your impact will be executed largely in telling stories and writing across all areas of the business. You’ll work closely with our leadership team to publicize our company and refine our messaging to most effectively reach our target audience. Your influence will help Trail of Bits increase sales, solidify our brand recognition, and tell the story of our company, employees, and clients. You will succeed in this role if you are interested in cybersecurity, consulting, and enterprise sales, and possess a deep understanding of communications.
- Lead all internal and external content marketing efforts at Trail of Bits.
- Develop content marketing strategies and set standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with the Technical Editing team to execute all content-writing projects.
- Focus marketing efforts on highlighting our expertise and achievements and promoting our high-profile engagements to increase our presence in the industry.
- Assist Trail of Bits in winning two reputable cybersecurity awards.
- Ensure 100% of our research projects have press releases and associated external publications.
- Ensure all content marketing efforts run smoothly internally and externally.
- Manage complex marketing calendars to intelligently deliver individual messages and campaigns.
- Manage the collection, writing, reviewing, editing, and distribution of the external monthly company newsletter.
- Facilitate promotional appearances, including but not limited to media interviews, podcast appearances, partnerships, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Maintain documents and records of all marketing metrics to track the performance of marketing efforts.
- Identify new internal and external marketing opportunities backed by research and data.
- Observe and research the activities of our competitors to enhance our marketing presence in the market.
- Maintain ad hoc social media needs across multiple accounts (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, BuiltIn, etc.).
- 3+ years experience as a Marketing Associate or a similar role
- Previous experience in marketing in the cybersecurity industry
- Desire to join a lean team with a long runway for professional growth
- Understanding of current marketing tools and techniques
- Experience with website management using Webflow
- Experience running email and social media campaigns using Twitter, LinkedIn, BuiltIn, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must live in the United States or Canada
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through Justworks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and free memberships with One Medical and Talkspace.
- 14 paid company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Annual charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.